- the river sharks, Glyphis, true freshwater sharks found in fresh and brackish water in Asia and Australia
- the bull shark, Carcharhinus leucas, which can swim between salt and fresh water, and are found in tropical rivers around the world.
A few number of freshwater sharks cyprinids and catfish(which are bony fish and thus quite unrelated to sharks) are also commonly called "freshwater sharks", "sharkminnows" or simply "sharks", particularly in the aquarium fish trade:
- Balantiocheilos melanopterus – Bala shark, tricolor shark, silver shark
- Epalzeorhynchos – typical freshwater "sharks"
- Labeo – labeos
- Puntius denisonii – Roseline shark
- Pangasianodon Hypophthalmus – Iridescent Shark
- Pangasius Sangitwongsei – sometimes called Paroon Shark or Hi-Fin Shark in the aquarium trade
|This page is an index of articles on animal species (or higher taxonomic groups) with the same common name (vernacular name). If an internal link led you here, you may wish to edit the linking article so that it links directly to the intended article.|