French generally accepted accounting principles
The French generally accepted accounting principles, called Plan Comptable Général (PCG) is defined by the regulation n°2014-03 written by the Authority of Accounting Rules (Autorité des normes comptables, abbr. ANC), validated by the Minister of the Budget. The Authority of Accounting Rules was created by the ordonnance no 2009-79 and combines the functions of the prior CRC and CNC.
- Review of the subjects and principles of accountancy;
- Definitions of the main concepts: balance sheet, income statement and annexes, liability and asset, income, loss and profit, and a presentation of accountancy and valuation rules;
- List of account maintenance rules and accounts nomenclature;
- Description of various accounting documentation;
- Summary of special accounting rules.
|Balance Sheet Accounts||Profit and Loss Accounts||Special Accounts|
|Class 1||Class 2||Class 3||Class 4||Class 5||Class 6||Class 7||Class 8|
|Equity and Liabilities Accounts||Asset Accounts||Inventory Accounts||Third-Party Accounts||Financial Accounts||Expense Accounts||Revenues Accounts||Special Accounts|
|10. Capital and reserves||20. Intangible assets||40. Providers||50. Securities||60. Purchases (except 603)
603. Stocks variation
|70. Finished goods sales||Non '1 to 7' classes|
|11. Accumulated retained earnings||21. Tangible assets||31. Raw materials (and furnitures)||41. Customers||51. Banks and financial organizations||61. External Services||71. Finished goods|
|12. Profit or loss for the financial year||22. Assets under concessions||32. Others Materials||42. Employees||52. Treasury tools||62. Other external services||72. Works capitalised (in asset)|
|13. Equipment grants||23. Asset under construction||33. Work-in progress goods||43. Social costs||53. Petty-cash||63. Taxes|
|14. Regulated provision||34. Work-in progress services||44. Tax authority||54. Imprest accounts||64. Employees costs||74. Production grants|
|15. Accruals||35. Stocks|
|16. Loans and debts|
|17. Debts linked to shareholdings||27. Other financial assets||37. Resaling Stocks||47. Suspense accounts||67. Exceptional costs||77. Exceptional revenues|
|18. Liaison accounts for shareholding companies||28. Assets depreciations||48. Regularisation accounts||58. Internal Transfer||68. Depreciations and accruals||78. Write-back on depreciation and provisions|
|29. Impairments||39. Stocks Depreciation||49. Third-Party accounts Depreciation||59. Financial accounts Depreciation||69. Employees profit-sharing - Earnings Tax||79. Costs transfers|
- "Règlement 99-03 du 29 avril 1999" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 August 2011. Retrieved 17 February 2012. from the committee in charge of the accountancy reglementation, update 14 December 2007.
- ordonnance no 2009-79, using French GAAP in French Wikipedia and ANC in French Wikipedia for interpretation