Frederic T. Chong
Frederic (Fred) T. Chong
|Alma mater||Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|Known for||Computer Architecture, Quantum Computing, Computer Security|
|Awards||Intel Outstanding Researcher Award (2018) |
Chancellor's Fellow at UC Davis (2002-2007)
ACM Distinguished Member (2013)
|Institutions||University of Chicago|
|Doctoral advisor||Anant Agarwal|
Born in New Brunswick, New Jersey, Chong received a BS in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from MIT in 1990 and a PhD in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from MIT in 1996, with Prof. Anant Agarwal as his thesis adviser.
Chong served in faculty positions at University of California, Davis and University of California, Santa Barbara before joining the University of Chicago faculty in 2015 as the Seymour Goodman Professor of Computer Architecture. He is the lead PI of EPiQC, an NSF Expeditions in Computing program on Quantum Computing.
- "Fred Chong". people.cs.uchicago.edu.
- "Faculty members receive named, distinguished service professorships". 15 August 2015.
- "UChicago Scientists to Lead $10 Million NSF 'Expedition' for Practical Quantum Computing". 27 February 2018.
- "Enabling Practical-scale Quantum Computing".
- "Computer Science". www.cs.uchicago.edu.
- "Chancellor's Fellows Recipients | Academic Affairs". academicaffairs.ucdavis.edu.
- "Fred Chong". awards.acm.org.