Francis Brennan (hotelier)
|Born||24 March 1953 |
|Occupation||Hotelier, television personality|
|Known for||At Your Service, Stars Go Racing, Francis Brennan's Grand Tour|
Brennan was raised in Balally Drive, just off the Sandyford Road and close to Dundrum, Dublin. He went to Holy Cross National School, Dundrum, CBS Westland Row and Catholic University School (CUS) in Leeson Street where he was taught by the Marist Fathers. Brennan has never married or had children, and has described himself as being on the asexual spectrum.
Brennan rose to fame in Ireland in 2008 after starring in RTÉ series At Your Service with his younger brother John, in which the Brennans provided advice to the owners of struggling businesses in the hospitality sector. Francis is known for his meticulous attention to detail. The brothers appeared together as guests on Tubridy Tonight in October 2008 and on The Saturday Night Show in January 2011.
Brennan has since made other television appearances separately from his brother. He appeared in Stars Go Racing in 2011. In 2011, he starred in his own TV show called Francis Brennan's Grand Tour, the premise of which saw Brennan flamboyantly escort 16 paying holidaymakers on a tour of the European continent. A further series of Francis Brennan's Grand Tour was broadcast in July and August 2016, this time taking 12 paying holidaymakers on a tour of India's Golden Triangle, followed by a third series in 2017 with a trip to Vietnam Despite his high-profile on television screens, he has admitted to never watching television himself. He is a devout Roman Catholic and has a set of rosary beads given to him by Pope John Paul II.
- Late Late Show, RTÉ One, 1 November 2019
- Lynch, Donal (27 September 2015). "Hotelier Francis Brennan opens up on celibacy, gambling and his bad deals". Irish Independent. Retrieved 15 July 2016.
- "Waking Hours: Francis Brennan". Sunday Independent. Independent News & Media. 12 October 2008. Retrieved 23 January 2012.
- "Brennan brothers 'at your service' here in Donegal!". Donegal Democrat. 23 January 2012. Archived from the original on 1 March 2015. Retrieved 23 January 2012.
- "Tubridy outgrows RTÉ's dull guests". Evening Herald. Independent News & Media. 20 October 2008. Archived from the original on 1 August 2012. Retrieved 23 January 2012.
- "Henson among O'Connor's guests". RTÉ Ten. Raidió Teilifís Éireann. 15 January 2011. Archived from the original on 18 January 2011. Retrieved 23 January 2012.
- "Waddell Media Embark on 'Francis Brennan's Grand Tour'". Irish Film and Television Network. IFTN. 22 August 2011. Retrieved 23 January 2012.
- Boland, John (19 November 2011). "Actually, Brennan's tour wasn't grand". Irish Independent. Independent News & Media. Retrieved 23 January 2012.
- "Join Francis Brennan on European tour". RTÉ Ten. Raidió Teilifís Éireann. 16 May 2011. Retrieved 23 January 2012.
- "Francis Brennan's Grand Tour". RTE. Retrieved 25 July 2016.