The Fortaleza de Santo António da Ponta da Mina or Forte de Ponta da Mina is a ruined fort located east of the island capital Santo António in the island of Príncipe in São Tomé and Príncipe. It is located at the headland Ponta da Mina. The fortress consisted of two parts: the Bateria Real and the Bateria do Príncipe.
|Fortaleza de Santo António da Ponta da Mina|
|Ponta da Mina, Príncipe in São Tomé and Príncipe|
|Controlled by||Portuguese Empire|
|Events||Spanish War of Succession|
The fort was built in 1695. In 1706, the city of Santo António was invaded by the French during the Spanish War of Succession, destroying the town and its fortress. It was repaired several times, and was finally abandoned in the early 20th century.
- Ramerini, Marco (11 January 2014). "The Fortress of Santo António da Ponta da Mina, Principe Island". Colonial Voyage.
- Fort of Santo António (Ponta da Mina), Heritage of Portuguese Influence
- Santo António, Heritage of Portuguese Influence
- Matos, Raimundo José da Cunha. Corografia Histórica das Ilhas de S. Tomé, Príncipe, Ano Bom e Fernando Pó (4a. ed.). São Tomé: Imprensa Nacional, 1916.
- Melo, José Brandão Pereira de. A Fortaleza de Santo António da Ponta da Mina. Lisboa: Agência-Geral do Ultramar 1969. (Coleção Figuras e Feitos de Além-Mar, no. 5) 87p.