Foreman High School (Chicago)
Foreman Career Academy (also known as Foreman College and Career Academy and formerly Foreman High School), is a public 4–year high school located in the Portage Park neighborhood of Chicago, Illinois, United States. Foreman is operated by the Chicago Public Schools district. Established in 1928, the school is named in the honor of a Chicago banker and civic leader, Edwin G. Foreman.
|Foreman Career Academy|
Drawing of the main entrance to the school used in the diploma cover.
3235 N. Leclaire Avenue
|Motto||"A brave man may fall, but cannot yield."|
|Oversight||Chicago Public Schools|
|NCES School ID||170993000799|
|Number of students||706 (2019–2020)|
|Athletics conference||Chicago Public League|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools|
Foreman High School provides several programs for students with limited English proficiency, including:
- Bilingual programs—Spanish and Polish
- Variety of English as a Second Language (ESL)/Bilingual courses
Special education programsEdit
Foreman provides Free Appropriate Public Education programs, including:
- Cooperative Team Teaching Program; Special Education
- Instructional Program; Support for Bilingual Special Education Students
Foreman's varsity athletic teams are named the Hornets and competes in the Chicago Public League (CPL) and is a member of the Illinois High School Association (IHSA). The boys' basketball team were regional champions two times (2009–2010 and 2016–2017). In 1999–2000, the boys' cross country were Class AA. The boys' soccer team were public league champions one time (1993–1994 and 1996–1997), regional champions three times (2002–2003, 2014–2015 and 2015–2016) and Class AA one time (2002–2003). The Foreman Hornets compete in a variety of fall, winter and spring interscholastic competitive sports administered by the Chicago Public High School League including;
- Fall sports: Cheer-leading (Girls), Cross Country (Boys/Girls), Football (Boys), Soccer (Boys), Volleyball (Girls)
- Winter sports: Basketball (Boys/Girls), Wrestling (Boys) Bowling (Boys/Girls), Cheer-leading (Girls), Swimming (Boys)
- Spring sports: Baseball (Boys), Soccer (Girls), Softball (Girls), Track (Boys/Girls), Volleyball (Boys), Water-polo (Boys/Girls)
Clubs and ActivitiesEdit
Foreman High School has a number of clubs and activities such as: Academic Decathlon, Aspira, Asian Club, Black Heritage Club, Chess Club, Computer Club, Drama Club, Humanitarian Club, Math Club, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Peer Health Advocates, Photography Club, Polish Club, Scholastic Achievers, Student Council, Student Development Team, and Yearbook.
The following are notable people associated with Foreman High School. If the person was a Foreman High School student, the number in parentheses indicates the year of graduation; if the person was a faculty or staff member, that person's title and years of association are included.
- "Search for Public Schools - Foreman High School (170993000799)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved September 28, 2012.
- Chicago Public Schools: Foreman
- Foreman High School at GreatSchools.net
- InChicago, Filming. "Finally Sat June 10: Disney is shooting B Roll (no cast!) for Raven's Home (That's So Raven sequel) @ Foreman High 3234 N LeClaire". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2019-12-31.
|This Illinois school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a building or structure in Chicago is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|