For Once in My Life (Stevie Wonder album)
For Once in My Life is the ninth (tenth overall) studio album by American singer-songwriter Stevie Wonder on Motown Records, released in November 1968. Then eighteen years old, Wonder had established himself as one of Motown's consistent hit-makers. This album continued Wonder's growth as a vocalist, songwriter and producer. It featured songs like the title track, "Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo-Da-Day" and the modest hits "I Don't Know Why" and "You Met Your Match". It also marked the debut of the Hohner Clavinet on a Stevie Wonder album, which would become a mainstay on albums to come.
|For Once in My Life|
|Studio album by|
|Released||December 8, 1968|
|Recorded||December 1967–February 1968; April–August 1968|
|Studio||Hitsville U.S.A., Detroit|
|Producer||Henry Cosby, Don Hunter, Stevie Wonder|
|Stevie Wonder chronology|
|Singles from For Once in My Life|
- "For Once in My Life" (Ron Miller, Orlando Murden) 2:48
- "Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo-Da-Day" (Henry Cosby, Sylvia Moy, Stevie Wonder) 2:45
- "You Met Your Match" (Lula Mae Hardaway, Don Hunter, Wonder) 2:37
- "I Wanna Make Her Love Me" (Henry Cosby, Hardaway, Moy, Wonder) 2:52
- "I'm More Than Happy (I'm Satisfied)" (Henry Cosby, Cameron Grant, Moy, Wonder) 2:56
- "I Don't Know Why" (Hardaway, Hunter, Paul Riser, Stevie Wonder) 2:46
- "Sunny" (Bobby Hebb) 4:00
- "I'd Be a Fool Right Now" (Cosby, Moy, Wonder) 2:54
- "Ain't No Lovin'" (Hardaway, Hunter, Riser, Wonder) 2:36
- "God Bless the Child" (Arthur Herzog Jr., Billie Holiday) 3:27
- "Do I Love Her" (Wonder, Moy) 2:58
- "The House on the Hill" (Lawrence Brown, Berry Gordy, Allen Story) 2:36
In other mediaEdit
"I'd Be a Fool Right Now" would be remixed in 1977 for Wonder's Looking Back Anthology.
- Ruhlmann, William (1968-12-06). "Allmusic review". Allmusic.com. Retrieved 2012-09-26.
- "Stevie Wonder: Album Guide | Rolling Stone Music". Rollingstone.com. Archived from the original on 2013-04-06. Retrieved 2012-09-26.