The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (January 2020)
The Fonseca Prize  of science communication (Galician: Premio Fonseca) is an annual award created by the University of Santiago de Compostela and the Consortium of Santiago under the auspices of the Program ConCiencia.
|Awarded for||Popularization of science|
|Location||Santiago de Compostela|
|Presented by||University of Santiago de Compostela|
Consortium of Santiago
The award is named after Alonso III Fonseca, one of the earliest patrons of the university.
|2008||Stephen Hawking||United Kingdom||"For his exceptional mastery in the popularization of complex concepts in Physics at the very edge of our current understanding of the Universe, combined with the highest scientific excellence, and for becoming a public reference of science worldwide."|
|2009||James Lovelock||United Kingdom||"For his leadership and his pioneering character in the construction of the current environmental awareness, of which he is a public international reference, and for his sharing of important scientific concepts with members of society; all of the above in combination with an exemplary freedom and independence of thought, and outstanding brilliance and talent, which has made it possible the achieving of exceptional results in different fields of scientific knowledge."|
|2010||David Attenborough||United Kingdom||"For his pioneering role in the spreading of the wildlife, making it accessible to huge audiences with an original outlook that has been a real turning point in the popularization of nature through television broadcasting, and for having become an international public reference for science communication."|
|2011||Roger Penrose||United Kingdom||"For his outstanding skills in science communication, placing the reader at the forefront of knowledge in a vast multidisciplinary range, from the understanding of the universe to the mysteries of human mind, in the same creative and alternative way that has characterized his brilliant scientific trajectory"|
- ^ Fonseca Prize
- ^ ConCiencia Program
- ^ Fonseca Prize 2008
- ^ Stephen Hawking personal site
- ^ "O premio Fonseca, un trofeo querido no despacho de Hawking". 14 March 2018.
- ^ "Stephen Hawking mantiña un vínculo especial con Galicia desde que recibiu o premio Fonseca da USC en 2008 | CRTVG".
- ^ "Stephen Hawking viajará a Santiago este año para recoger el Premio Fonseca".
- ^ Fonseca Prize 2009
- ^ "El científico británico James Lovelock, galardonado con el II Premio Fonseca de comunicación de la ciencia". 26 May 2009.
- ^ Fonseca Prize 2010
- ^ "O conselleiro de Educación asistiu á entrega do premio Fonseca 2010 ao naturista Sir David Attenborough - Xunta de Galicia".
- ^ "Attenborough recibe el premio Fonseca por su forma".
- ^ Fonseca Prize 2011
- ^ "Neil Armstrong y el premio Fonseca". 21 July 2019.