Fonó Folk Band
Fonó Zenekar, the Fonó Folk Band is a Hungarian folk band, playing traditional Hungarian music.
Fonó Folk Band was founded in 1997 in Budapest. Its members are musicians from around Hungary and its various historical regions such as the Hungarian-minority areas of Slovakia and Ukraine, who have devoted their careers to performing, teaching and researching traditional folk music. Their repertoire consist of Magyar and other Carpathian-Basin peoples' instrumental and vocal music, and authentic arrangements in these traditions. The members of the band themselves collect folk music - an experience they use to boost the band's repertoire.
- Andrea Navratil - vocals
- Gergely Agócs - vocals, tárogató, bagpipe, fujara, flutes
- Tamás Gombai - violin, second violin
- István Pál “Szalonna” - violin, second violin
- Sándor D. Tóth - viola, hurdy-gurdy, gardon, drum, cobsa, zither
- Zsolt Kürtösi – doublebass, cello, accordion
- Balint Tarkany-Kovacs - cimbalom
- Sok szép napot éjszakával [A Lot of Beautiful Days and Nights] - Honvéd edition, Budapest 1998
- Árgyélus kismadár [The Little Bird] - Hungarian folk music from Southern Slovakia (with singer Gyöngyi Écsi) - Fonó Records, Budapest, 2000
- Musique de danse Hongroise - Anthology of Hungarian folk music, Buda Musique, Paris, 2001
- Mixtura Cultivalis – Folk music from the Carpathian Basin, Fonó Records, Budapest, 2002
- Túlparton / Other side – Art Music of Béla Bartók and its Folk Roots, Hungaroton, Budapest, 2004
- Hateha! – Evergreens of the Dance House - Hungarian folk music, Fonó edition, Budapest, 2009