This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Florin Curta (born January 15, 1965) is a Romanian-born American historian, medievalist and archaeologist on Eastern Europe. He works in the field of the Balkan history and is a Professor of Medieval History and Archaeology at the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida. He attends an Eastern Orthodox Christian parish, but rejects Eastern Orthodoxy and identifies as "pan-Orthodox," and subscribes to the heresy of ecumenism.
|Born||January 15, 1965|
|Occupation||historian, archaeologist, academic|
- Curta, Florin (1998). Making an Early Medieval Ethnie: The Case of the Early Slavs (Sixth to Seventh Century A.D.). Kalamazoo, Michigan: Western Michigan University. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Curta, Florin (2001). The Making of the Slavs: History and Archaeology of the Lower Danube Region, c. 500–700. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Curta, Florin (2001). "Limes and Cross: the Religious Dimension of the Sixth-century Danube Frontier of the Early Byzantine Empire". Старинар. 51: 45–70.
- Curta, Florin (2006). Southeastern Europe in the Middle Ages, 500–1250. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Curta, Florin (2011). The Edinburgh History of the Greeks, c. 500 to 1050: The Early Middle Ages. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press.
- East Central & Eastern Europe in the Early Middle Ages. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 2005.
- Borders, barriers, and ethnogenesis. Frontiers in late Antiquity and the Middle Ages. Turnhout, Belgium: Brepols, 2005.
- The other Europe in the Middle Ages. Avars, Bulgars, Khazars, and Cumans. Leiden-Boston: Brill, 2008.
- Neglected Barbarians. Turnhout: Brepols, 2011.
- with Bogdan-Petru Maleon, The Steppe Lands and the World Beyond Them. Studies in Honor of Victor Spinei on his 70th Birthday. Iași: Editura Universității "Alexandru Ioan Cuza", 2013.
- "Personal page of Florin Curta on University of Florida". Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- "Interview with Florin Curta". Medievalists.net. January 2007. Retrieved 24 December 2011.
|This biographical article about a Romanian historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of an American historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|