Florida Union Free School District is a school district in the village of Florida, in Orange County in the U.S. state of New York. The superintendent of schools is Jan Jehring.
Board of educationEdit
The elected board of education consists of the following people:
- Daniel A. Codi, President
- Karyn Meier, Vice President
- Robert W. Katulak
- John T. Redman II
- Deborah Slesinski
The district operates
- a high school, the S.S. Seward Institute,
- an elementary school, Golden Hill Elementary School, and
- a Special Programs unit.
The district was a party in the court case dealing called Walczak v. Florida Union Free School District dealing with free appropriate public education in which a court ruled that children are not entitled to the best education that money can buy; they are only entitled to an appropriate education.
- ^ U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 142 F. 3d 119, 122 (2nd Cir. 1998), April 16, 1998