|Location||Florida Atlantic University|
777 Glades Road
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
|Owner||Florida Atlantic University|
|Operator||Florida Atlantic University|
|Construction cost||$9 million renovation upgrade (March 2007 - August 2007)|
|Florida Atlantic University|
Florida Jades (WBL) (1991-92)
FAU Arena opened to women's basketball in 1984. Men's basketball and volleyball became tenants in 1988.
The facility was modernized with a $9 million renovation in 2007. In the summer of 2008, further renovations were put in place, including club suites to give "The Burrow" an exciting new feel as the programs continue to grow.
Following the 2006-07 basketball season, the major renovations to FAU Arena included such upgrades as:
- Exterior, including entrance overhangs and complete repainting
- Chairback seating behind both baskets and the west sideline
- New Scoreboard with Video Capabilities
- Locker room expansion(s) and enhancements
- Improved student section area on the east sideline
- FAU Store in the lobby
- Ticket booth outside the main entrance
In late 2019, the scoreboards and sideline ads were updated.
On June 4, 2019, the FAU athletic department received a $3 million gift from the Rocco and Marty Abessinio Foundation to name the court the Abessinio Court at the FAU Arena.
On December 20, 2019, the FAU athletic department partnered with RoofClaim.com, a roofing services company, on a $5 million, 10-year sponsorship, which gave the company naming rights to the arena, which was renamed as the RoofClaim.com Arena. This naming rights deal ended on February 5, 2020, by mutual agreement of both parties; a report from the Orlando Sentinel stated that political pressure ended the deal.
- "FAU Arena". FAU. Retrieved 2011-02-10.
- "FAU Athletics Receives $3 million from Rocco and Mary Abessinio Foundation to Name Basketball Court". FAU Sports. Florida Atlantic University. Retrieved 30 January 2020.
- "RoofClaim.com Acquires Naming Rights to FAU Arena in $5 Million Sponsorship Agreement". Business Wire. Retrieved December 20, 2019.
- Bianchi, Mike. "After UCF scrutiny, state politicians kill FAU naming rights deal with Roofclaim.com". Orlando Sentinel. Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved 5 February 2020.