Floods in Australia
|December 1863||Melbourne (December)||VIC||1|||
|1900||Western Australian floods||WA|
|1909||Western Victorian floods||VIC||4|||
|1929||Tasmanian Floods||TAS||22|||
|1934||Yarra River||VIC||35|||
|1947||June 1947 Tasmanian floods||TAS|
|1950||Maitland, Gippsland, West Queensland||NSW, VIC, QLD||1|||
|1955||Maitland flood||NSW||14|||
|1955||All southern states (August)||WA, SA, VIC, NSW, TAS||2|||
|1956||Murray River flood||NSW, VIC, SA|
|1970||All eastern states (December)||QLD, NSW, VIC, TAS||16|||
|1971||Canberra flood||ACT||7|||
|1974||Brisbane flood||QLD||16|||
|1984 Feb||West Dapto||NSW||not known|||
|1990||East Coast||NSW||7|||
|1996||Queensland and New South Wales||NSW & QLD||4|||
|NT, QLD, NSW||3|| |
|June 2007||Hunter Valley/Maitland floods||NSW||10|||
|June 2007||Gippsland Floods||VIC|
|February 2008||Mackay floods||QLD|
|September 2010||Victorian floods (Sept)||VIC|
|March 2010||Queensland floods (March)||QLD|
|December 2010||Carnarvon/Gascoyne (December)||WA|
|December 2010 – January 2011||Queensland floods (Dec – Jan)||QLD||35|||
|January 2011||2011 Victorian Floods (Jan)||VIC||2|||
|August 2011||Gippsland (August)||VIC||1|||
|February – March 2012||Eastern Australia (Feb – Mar)||NSW, VIC, QLD||3|||
|March 2012||Gippsland and Koowerup||VIC||0|||
|January – February 2013||2013 Eastern Australia Floods (Jan)||QLD, NSW||6|||
|April 2015||2015 Hunter Valley/Central Coast/Sydney Floods||NSW||8|||
|May 2015||South – East Queensland Flash Floods||QLD||5|||
|September 2016||Central West and Riverina Floods||NSW||1|||
|February 2017||Western Australian Floods||WA||2|||
|Late March 2017||Eastern Australian Floods caused by Cyclone Debbie||Southern Queensland, Northern NSW||(As of 8 April 2017[update]) 12|||
|February 2020||Widespread flooding in Sydney basin and the Blue Mountains, flooding in central west to the north of NSW and flooding caused by Tropical Cyclone Damien in Karratha||NSW, WA||0|
- The Argus. 28 December 1863
- The Great Flood of Ballarat. pg 6. The Maitland Mercury & Hunter River General Advertiser. 23 October 1869
- The Floods in Australia: Heavy Losses Revealed. Launceston Examiner. 18 July 1891
- Whitaker (2005), 30.
- Kenny (n.d.).
- pg 1. The West Australian. Thursday 6 April 1950
- "The West Dapto flood of February 1984: Rainfall characteristics and channel changes". ResearchGate.
- "Tropical Cyclone Les", Bureau of Meteorology
- "Flood - Sydney and Wollongong, 1998 - Australian Disaster Resilience Knowledge Hub". knowledge.aidr.org.au.
- "Death toll from Queensland Floods". Queensland Police Service. 24 January 2011. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- "Missing boy's body found". ABC News. Australia. 18 January 2011. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- "Victoria flash floods claim first victim". ninemsn.com.au. Archived from the original on 6 July 2011. Retrieved 29 December 2011.
- Heard, Hamish; O'Connell, Brigid (13 August 2011). "Gippsland farmer dies in floodwaters in bid to save cattle". Sunday Herald-Sun. Melbourne. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-07-19. Retrieved 2012-08-22.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Two dead in flood crisis gripping parts of Victoria, NSW and Queensland". Herald-Sun. AAP. 5 March 2012. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "Australian flood clean-up begins". Radio Australia. 10 March 2012. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "Storm leaves eight dead". Daily Mail. London. 21 April 2015.
- "Four missing as floods devastate Tasmania; NSW mops up". ABC News. Australia. 6 June 2016. Retrieved 8 June 2016.
- "Body found near Forbes identified as missing Burcher man Robert Linnane". ABC News. Australia. 6 October 2016. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- Morrison, Lisa. "WA floods: Second man's body recovered as receding waters reveal extent of damage". ABC. Retrieved 14 February 2017.
- "Cyclone Debbie: Floods in NSW and Queensland claim more lives". The Courier Mail. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
Media related to Floods in Australia at Wikimedia Commons