Flag of Punjab, Pakistan
The Flag of Punjab is the flag of the Province of Punjab within Pakistan. The Punjab provincial flag is green and shows the provincial emblem in the centre which reflects Punjab's natural resources like its wheat crop, and the five rivers which give the province its name in Persian (from Punj = Five, Aab = Waters). The inscription below in a crescent scroll reads Government of Punjab in Shahmukhi alphabets of Punjabi. The flag uses the Pakistani national colours, white and dark green, colors that reflect the Islamic heritage of Pakistan.
|Use||Civil and state flag|
|Adopted||1 July 1970|
- "Punjab Government logo on flag". South Punjab Forest Company.
- "Punjab gets new IG, chief secretary | Pakistan Today". Pakistan Today. Retrieved 2020-02-05.
- "Shahmukhi: The window to Punjabi culture". Times of India. 2018-05-20. Retrieved 2020-02-05.
- "80pc Punjab government employees are non-filers | Pakistan Today". Pakistan Today. Retrieved 2020-02-05.
- "Pakistan flag". Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of Pakistan. Archived from the original on 2009-03-05. Retrieved 2007-12-11.