Five on a Treasure Island (film)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Five on a Treasure Island is an 8-part 1957 British film serial made by the Children's Film Foundation, based on the novel of the same name by Enid Blyton. The author herself helped cast the film. It was filmed in Dorset, UK, at Corfe Castle, in Corfe Castle Village, the Jurassic Coast, Lulworth Cove and Stair Hole near Lulworth Cove which served as the Kirrin Island landing spot for the rowing boat in the film. The antique store from the beginning of the film was filmed at Oliver's in 5 West Street, Corfe Castle Village, Dorset, UK.
|Five on a Treasure Island|
|Directed by||Gerald Landau|
|Produced by||Frank Wells|
|Written by||Michael Barnes|
Frank Wells (adaptation)
|Based on||the novel Five on a Treasure Island|
by Enid Blyton
|Music by||Jack Beaver|
- Rel Grainer as George
- Richard Palmer as Julian
- Gillian Harrison as Anne
- John Bailey as Dick
- Daga as Tim
- Robert Cawdron as Luke Undown
- Nicholas Bruce as Jim
- Peter Burton as Quentin Kirrin
- Iris Russell as Margaret Kirrin
- Robert Dean as Cmdr. Mainbridge
- John Charlesworth as Jan
- Rufus Cruickshank as Captain Zachary (as Rufus Cruikshank)
DVD Beaver wrote "Chock-full of cliff-hangers and mystery, the popular Children's Film Foundation serial remains close to the spirit of the book...This is very highly recommended."
- "The Famous Five: Five on a Treasure Island". British Film Institute.
- "The Famous Five - Five on a Treasure Island". www.dvdbeaver.com.
- "Reelstreets | Five On Treasure Island (Children's Film Foundation)". www.reelstreets.com.
|This article related to a British film of the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an adventure film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|