Fire Truck (video game)
Fire Truck is a black-and-white 1978 arcade game developed and published by Atari, Inc.. According to GamesRadar, it was the earliest video game with cooperative gameplay where two players have to work together. A single-player version was released as Smokey Joe. It is internally identical to Fire Truck.
Players must cooperate to drive the truck through traffic as far as possible without crashing. While the game can be played with one player, it was primarily designed for two. The front player steers the tractor of the truck sitting down, controlling the gas and brakes, while the rear player stands, and steers the tiller for the rear wheels, controlling the swing of the trailer. The cabinet also provides the players with bells and horns, although these have no use in the actual game.
- "Fire Truck - Overview". allgame. Archived from the original on 2014-12-10. Retrieved 2009-08-20. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Gaming's most important evolutions, Xbox 360 Features". GamesRadar. 2010-10-08. Archived from the original on 2011-06-15. Retrieved 2011-10-24. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-11-23. Retrieved 2012-05-31.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2012-05-31.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Scott Stilphen, DP Interviews Howard Delman, archived from the original on March 19, 2012, retrieved May 31, 2012 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Hague, James. "The Giant List of Classic Game Programmers". Archived from the original on 2019-09-26. Retrieved 2019-09-02.