Finn (given name)
Finn is generally regarded as a masculine given name. The name has several origins. In some cases it is derived from the Old Norse personal name and byname Finnr, meaning "Lapp" or "Finn". In some cases the Old Norse name was a short form of other names composed with this element. In other cases, the name Finn is derived from Irish, meaning "white" or "fair". In the later case, the name is an earlier Irish variant of Fionn.
It is also occasionally a female given name, although this is less common.
People with the given name include:
- Finn Alnæs (1932–1991), Norwegian novelist
- Finn Atkins (born 1989), British actress
- Finn Bálor (born 1981), ring name of professional wrestler Fergal Devitt
- Elizabeth Fearn Finn Carter (born 1960), American actress
- Finn M. W. Caspersen (1941-2009), American financier
- Finn Graff (born 1938), Norwegian illustrator
- Finnegan "Finn" Harries, a Youtuber on the YouTube channel JacksGap
- Finn Isaksen (1924–1987), Norwegian politician
- Finn Jones (born 1988), English actor Terence Jones
- Finn Laudrup (born 1945), Danish international footballer
- Finn Lambrechts (1900–1956), Lieutenant General of the Royal Norwegian Air Force
- Finn Nørgaard (1959–2015), Danish filmmaker
- Finn Pedersen (1925–2012), Danish Olympic rower
- Finn Ronne (1899–1980), Norwegian Antarctic explorer
- Finn Russell (born 1992), professional rugby union player who plays for Glasgow Warriors and the Scottish national team
- Finn Tugwell (born 1976), Danish table tennis player
- Finn Wagle (born 1941), Norwegian theologian
- Finn Wentworth (born 1958), American entrepreneur and philanthropist
- Peter Finn Wittrock (born 1984), American actor in the soap opera All My Children
- Finn Wolfhard (born 2002), Canadian actor and musician
- Hanks, P; Hardcastle, K; Hodges, F (2006) . A Dictionary of First Names. Oxford Paperback Reference (2nd ed.). Oxford: Oxford University Press. p. 99. ISBN 978-0-19-861060-1.
- Coleman, NL; Veka, O (2010). A Handbook of Scandinavian Names. Madison: University of Wisconsin Press. p. 28. ISBN 978-0-299-24834-5 – via Google Books.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|