Finley the Fire Engine
|Finley the Fire Engine|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Original network||BBC One|
The show is about talking vehicles in a fictional town called Friendlyville. 78 episodes have been aired, each running for 15 minutes. A British dub of the series was shown in Britain by the BBC's children's channel, CBeebies, from 23 July 2007 until 30 November 2012, with the voice recording studio and final mix being provided by Ten Pin Alley Limited. The show also aired on ABC in Australia from 18 March 2008 until 4 May 2014.
The British dub from 2007 features the voices of Justin Fletcher (Miguel), Jon Fox, Callum Hanks (Finley), Janet James (DJ/Jesse), Jay Simon (Dex/Suds), Jonty Stephens, and Emma Tate (Isabelle/Scooty/Abigail).
- Main characters
- Finley is a red male fire engine. He is good-willed and generous, lives in Fire Station No. 5, and loves nothing better than having fun with his highway pals. He sometimes sleeps with his teddy bear, Diesel. He is voiced by Reece Thompson and Chancellor Miller in the US and Callum Hanks in the UK.
- Dex (sometimes known as Dexter) is a blue male dump truck who is the semi-anti hero of the show. Despite being a bit of a bully, Dex has a softer side and is grateful for Finley's kindness towards him. He is voiced by Jay Simon in the UK and Andrew Francis and Richard Steven Horvitz in the US.
- Captain Parker is a senior male fire engine and Finley's older brother, who always keeps the gang in check. He is based on 1951 Mack fire truck. He is voiced by Dean Smith in the US and Kyle Bielfield in the Uk.
- DJ is a female orange bulldozer who enjoys nothing better than digging. It reveals in "Lights Out" that she sometimes sucks her scooper when she goes to sleep. She is voiced by Maggie Blue O'Hara and Cristina Pucelli in the US and Janet James in the UK.
- Jesse is a yellow-and-pink female tow truck with a siren shaped like a bow and a red nose. She is usually timid and shy, but is always ready and raring to come to the rescue. She is voiced by Chantal Strand and Cristina Pucelli in the US and Janet James in the UK.
- Isabelle is a green-and-purple female ice cream van who is very polite, bubbly, lovable and cheerful. She is voiced by Andrea Libman and Tara Strong in the US and Emma Tate in the UK.
- Abigail is a white female ambulance who is kind, gentle, and sweet. She is voiced by Teryl Rothery and Tara Strong in the US and Emma Tate in the UK.
- Miguel is a silver male mail truck who is very professional and organized. In "Lights Out", it is revealed that he sleeps with his parking lights on. One time he tested Scooty's new game without his permission to do so. He is voiced by Matt Hill and James Arnold Taylor in the US and Justin Fletcher in the UK.
- Gorby is a green male recycling truck who is Finley's best friend. He can be a bit cheeky and goofy however, he is hard-working, reliable, and dutiful. He is voiced by Lee Tockar and Quinton Flynn in the US and Kyle Bielfield in the UK.
- Scooty is a yellow male school bus who can get a bit nervous. He is voiced by Danny McKinnon and Carlos Alazraqui in the US and Emma Tate in the UK.
- Hubert is a blue-and-white male police car who solves mysteries. He is voiced by David Paul Grove and Quinton Flynn in the US and Kyle Bielfield in the UK.
- Scout is a male Dalmatian who is both Finley's best friend and also the latter and Captain Parker's pet Dalmatian with a few blue spots on his white fur.
- Carl is a blue male lorry. He is voiced by Dean Smith and Carlos Alazraqui in the US.
- Suds is a purple-and-pink male talking car wash. He is voiced by Michael Dobson and Patrick Canavan in the US and Jay Simon in the UK.
- Mr. Bell is a male yellow talking fire station bell who usually spends the day sleeping, although one time he couldn't do so, until he could finally get to sleep as Abigail squirts oil onto him. He is voiced by and Lee Tockar and Carlos Alazraqui in the US and Kyle Bielfield in the UK.
- Lyle and Lois are talking fuel pumps. Lyle is male and blue, while Lois is female and orange. Lyle is voiced by Michael Dobson and Carlos Alazraqui in the US, and Lois is voiced by Kathleen Barr and Tara Strong in the US and Kyle Bielfield and Alli Simpson in the UK.
- Polly is a silver female talking fireman's pole. She is voiced by Kathleen Barr and Cristina Pucelli in the US and Missy Lancaster in the UK.
- Balley Beg animation studios
- "Search Results - BBC Genome". genome.ch.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 6 October 2017.
- "Finley the Fire Engine - Next on - BBC - CBeebies". BBC. Retrieved 6 October 2017.
- Episode guide at BBC
|This animated television series–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|