Finals is a 2019 Indian Malayalam-language sports drama directed by Arun P R. The film stars Rajisha Vijayan, Suraj Venjaramoodu and Niranj Maniyanpilla Raju. The film is based on real life athletes.
|Directed by||Arun P R|
|Produced by||Prajeev |
Niranj Maniyanpilla Raju
|Music by||Kailas Menon|
|Edited by||Sudeep Elamon|
Maniyanpilla Raju Productions
Alice, an elite cyclist, trains for the 2020 Summer Olympics along with her father, Varghese, and childhood friend, Manuel. However, she gets in an accident while in the race.
- Rajisha Vijayan as Alice
- Suraj Venjaramoodu as Varghese (Alice's father)
- Niranj Maniyanpilla Raju as Manuel Thomas
- Tini Tom as Thomas
- Maniyan Pilla Raju as Sports Minister Siva Shankara Pillai
- Nisthar Sait as Rama Seshan
- Kunjan as Azees
- Mala Parvathi
- Muthumani as Vardha
- Sona Nair as Mini
- Dhruvan as Aadhi (cameo appearance)
- Milkha Singh As Himself (Cameo Appearance)
|1.||"Nee Mazhavillu Polen"||Naresh Iyer, Priya Prakash Varrier||4:36|
|3.||"Parakkam Parakkam"||Yazin Nizar, Latha Krishna||4:52|
The Times of India gave the film a rating of three-and-half out of five stars and wrote that "The best part about Finals is how Arun succeeds to keep the audience guessing. Just when you think that the film will choose a predictable path, he somehow delightfully veers away". The New Indian Express gave the film a rating of four out of fives stars and wrote that "Finals is, without a doubt, the best of all the four Onam releases. After being underwhelmed by the other three, I wanted an experience that’s the equivalent of finding water in the middle of a scorching desert".
- M, Athira (August 28, 2019). "'Finals' is inspired by stories of real-life sportspersons: PR Arun". The Hindu.
- "'Finals': Rajisha Vijayan gets injured on the sets of the film - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "'Finals' movie review: Rajisha Vijayan starrer a sincere, rule-bending sports drama". The New Indian Express.
- "Finals Movie Review: Rajisha's sports-drama emerges winner". The Times of India.