"Fields of Gold" is a 2011 fantasy novelette by Rachel Swirsky. It was first published in the Jonathan Strahan-edited anthology "Eclipse Four", and was reprinted in Year's Best Science Fiction and Fantasy: 2012.
Dennis dies and arrives in heaven, where he discovers that what he thought would make him happy may be very different from what will keep him happy in the long term.
- Hunger for Wonderful Stories: A Review of Eclipse Four, edited by Jonathan Strahan, by Lee Mandelo, at Tor.com; published May 3, 2011; retrieved June 26, 2014
- Year’s Best 2012: Rachel Swirsky on "Fields of Gold", by Gina Guadagnino, at Prime Books; published no later than August 4, 2012; retrieved June 26, 2014
- 2012 Hugo Awards Archived 2012-04-09 at the Wayback Machine, at TheHugoAwards.org; retrieved June 26, 2014
- 2011 Nebula Awards Nominees announced, at SFWA.org; published February 2012; retrieved 26 June, 2014
- How the World Became Quiet: Myths of the Past, Present, and Future by Rachel Swirsky, reviewed by T.S. Miller, at Strange Horizons; published November 25, 2013; retrieved October 18, 2018