The Ferrovie della Sardegna (Railways of Sardinia), known also as ARST Gestione FdS between 2008 and 2010 and with the abbreviation FdS, was an Italian public company that managed the regional railway network in the island of Sardinia, Italy. In 2010 it was totally integrated with the main regional public transport company, ARST (Azienda Regionale Sarda Trasporti).
|Formerly||Ferrovie della Sardegna|
|Type||Limited liability company|
|Defunct||25 October 2010|
|Fate||Integrated into ARST|
|Products||Rail transport, Road transport|
It was the second railway operator in Sardinia, after Ferrovie dello Stato, having 203 kilometers of railways used for public transport, plus another four tourist lines, known as Trenino Verde, which run through the wildest parts of the island.
The company was founded in 1989. It is a narrow gauge railway system, using diesel locomotives and multiple units, electrified tram-trains in the metropolitan areas of Sassari and Cagliari and vintage diesel and steam locomotives on the tourist lines.
Public Transport LinesEdit
- Line Macomer-Tirso-Nuoro
- Line Sassari-Sorso (work is in progress converting the line to a light rail transit)
- Line Sassari-Alghero (planned conversion to light rail transit)
- Line Monserrato-Isili
- Metro-tramway of Sassari
- Metro-tramway of Cagliari
Tourist Lines (Trenino Verde)Edit
- Line Macomer-Bosa
- Line Sassari-Nulvi-Tempio Pausania-Luras-Palau
- Line Mandas-Gairo-Arbatax
- Line Mandas-Isili-Sorgono
- "Cagliari 25 ottobre 2010". ARST.it. Retrieved 5 February 2016.