South Hiendley is a village and civil parish in the City of Wakefield in West Yorkshire, England. It has a population of 1,667, increasing to 1,817 at the 2011 Census. Until 1974 it was part of Hemsworth Rural District.
South Hiendley Almshouses
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
The village is on the edge of the county of West Yorkshire in the Wakefield area 8 miles (14 km) from the city centre. However it is marginally closer to the town of Barnsley 7 miles (12 km) just across the border in South Yorkshire. It has a Barnsley postcode (S72) and telephone code (01226).
- Office for National Statistics : Census 2001 : Parish Headcounts : Wakefield Archived 2011-06-13 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 12 September 2009
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 2 March 2016.
- Pubs in South Hiendley - Pubsgalore.com
- South Hiendley Junior Infant and Early Years School website
- South Hiendley Surgery - NHS Choices
Media related to South Hiendley at Wikimedia Commons
|This West Yorkshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|