Fe y Alegría is a federation of local organizations which offer educational opportunities to the poorest sectors of society, along with teacher training and educational radio, in 19 countries. From its main office in Bogota, Colombia, Fe y Alegría advances the tradition of Jesuit education under an international board of directors.
|Jose Maria Velaz|
|US$ 388,962.00 per year|
|Website||(in Spanish) www|
Fe y Alegría was founded in Caracas, Venezuela, in 1955 by José María Vélaz. It spread rapidly in Venezuela, where it encompassed 10,000 students by 1964. By 1966 Ecuador, Panama, Peru, Bolivia, Central America, and Colombia were a part of the network.
- Harvard.edu Publication. Accessed 17 May 2016.
- "Organization. Accessed 17 May 2017". Archived from the original on 18 June 2017. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "Ignatian Solidarity". Retrieved 2017-10-19.
- "Quiénes Somos | Federación Internacional de Fe y Alegría". www.feyalegria.org. Retrieved 2017-10-19.[better source needed]
- J. Swope and M. Latorre. Comunidades Educativas donde Termina el Asfalto: Escuelas Fe y Alegria en America Latina. Santiago, Chile: CIDE, 1998.
- L. Alcazar and N. Valdivia. Escuelas Fe y Alegria en el Peru. Lima: Grupo de Analisis para el Desarrollo, 2005.