Fazlul Haque (judge)
Justice Mohammad Fazlul Haque (Bengali: ম. ফজলুল হক, Fojlul Hoq) (born 30 June 1938) is a former High Court judge of Bangladesh served as the advisor of the non-partisan caretaker government of Bangladesh in 2007.
Justice M Fazlul Haque
|Prime Minister of Bangladesh|
11 January 2007 – 12 January 2007
|Preceded by||Iajuddin Ahmed|
|Succeeded by||Dr Fakhruddin Ahmed|
|Born||30 June 1938|
Fazlul Haque was appointed as one of the ten advisers of the non-party caretaker government of Bangladesh under the leadership of President and Chief Advisor Iajuddin Ahmed on October 31, 2006, the equivalent of a government Minister, holding multiple portfolios.
During the political crisis in late 2006 when the Chief Adviser acted out of his own accord and decided to hold elections anyway even if Awami League didn't contest, Justice Haque, along with other advisers, repeatedly held meetings fruitlessly with Awami League leaders to ensure their elections in the January 22, 2007 elections, although he did not resign en masse with the four advisers to protest against the difference in opinion with the Chief Adviser.
When the Chief Adviser finally consented to resign from office on January 11, 2007, Justice Haque was appointed the new chief of the caretaker government until a replacement was available. The replacement, Dr Fakhruddin Ahmed was available in a day, on January 12, thus completing the shortest tenure of a head of government in Bangladesh.
- "Countries Ba-Bo". Rulers.org. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- Sarowar, Golam (1 November 2006). "Bangladesh: Caretaker Government Formed". Oh My News. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- "Advisers approach grand alliance with election deferment proposal". The Daily Star. 10 January 2007. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- "Bangladesh president steps down as government leader". New York Times. 11 January 2007. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- "Bangladesh poll delay emergency". BBC News. 11 January 2007. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- Ramesh, Randeep (12 January 2007). "Bangladeshi poll postponed after interim leader resigns". Guardian. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- "Fakhruddin new CA". The Daily Star. 13 January 2007. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- "Warrant for arrest of Justice Fazlul Haque issued finally". The Newage. 4 September 2008. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- "বিচারপতি ফজলুল হক, আব্বাস সেলিমের দুর্নীতির মামলা চলবে". Prothom Alo. 25 October 2010. Retrieved 25 February 2016. (in Bengali)
| Prime Minister of Bangladesh
|This article about a Bangladeshi politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|