Faye Ginsburg is an American anthropologist who has devoted her life to the exploration of different cultures and individuals’ styles of life She was born on October 28, 1952 in Chicago, Illinois. Ginsburg has published ethnographies about her fieldwork experiences in the U.S., Canada and Australia. The intercultural connections in her ethnographies have contributed to the fields of anthropologyand sociology because they allow readers to understand other cultures through her narratives. Currently, she is an anthropology professor at New York University  and the director of the Center for Media, Culture and History at NYU.
Faye D. Ginsburg is the editor of Contested Lives: The Abortion Debate in an American Community. In this book the author talks about the Fargo Women's Health Organization. The Fargo Women's Health Organization was the first facility to offer abortions publicly in North Dakota. Ginsburg discusses the pro-choice and pro-life movement's evolution in North Dakota and furthermore, the United States.
Ginsburg also published Media Worlds: Anthropology on New Terrain  with Lila Abu-Lughod and Brian Larkin. The twenty chapters in Media Worlds "treat materials from local and disaporic communities worldwide  and discusses sites of production and consumption. The chapters in the book talk about different technologies utilized by other cultures. Ginsburg focuses on aborigines in Australia and the individuals residing in the Baffin Islands, Canada.
- Uncertain Terms: Negotiating Gender in American Culture.
- 9/11 and After, A Virtual Case Book.
- Conceiving the New World Order: The Global Politics of Reproduction.
Publications in ProgressEdit
- Mediating Culture: Indigenous Identity in a Digital Age.
- Disability, Personhood, and the New Normal in 21st Century America
- "Ginsburg, Faye | Biographical Dictionary of Social and Cultural Anthropology - Credo Reference". search.credoreference.com. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "Ginsburg, Faye, AS | NYU". as.nyu.edu. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "~ rethinking the visual ~". www.altx.com. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- D., Ginsburg, Faye (1989-01-01). Contested lives : the abortion debate in an American Community. University of California Press. ISBN 0520064925. OCLC 924898093.
- Lila., Abu-Lughod,; Brian., Larkin,. Media worlds : anthropology on new terrain. University of California Press. ISBN 0520224485. OCLC 821127638.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- Ballerino Cohen, Colleen (September 2004). ""Reviewed Work(s): Media Worlds: Anthropology on New Terrain by Faye D. Ginsburg, Lila Abu-Lughod and Brian Larkin"". jstor.org. JSTOR 3567637.
- "Section on Culture Past Award Recipients". American Sociological Association. 2011-03-08. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "Faye Ginsburg archive", Flow TV