|San Francisco Giants|
|Born: November 11, 1976|
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Zaidi was born on November 11, 1976 in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada, to a family of Pakistani ancestry. His parents, Sadiq and Anjum, raised four children: Zeeshan, Farhan, Noor, and Jaffer. Zaidi grew up in the Philippines after his family moved to Manila when he was four years old. He has a bachelor of science degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a doctorate of philosophy (PhD) in economics from the University of California, Berkeley. He briefly worked for the Boston Consulting Group and the Sporting News website between MIT and Berkeley.
While at Berkeley, he read the book Moneyball and said that it changed his life. He saw a job posting for a baseball operations position with the Oakland Athletics and sent out his resume, beating out 1,000 other applicants for the job. He was a data analysis sabermetrics assistant when he started. His boss with the Athletics, Billy Beane, called him "absolutely brilliant" and credited him with the acquisition of Yoenis Céspedes.
Los Angeles DodgersEdit
Under his watch as the Dodgers GM, the team made its first World Series appearance in 29 years in 2017, falling to the Houston Astros in seven games. The following year they lost in five games to the Boston Red Sox in the 2018 World Series.
San Francisco GiantsEdit
- Slusser, Susan (February 4, 2014). "A's exec GM Farhan Zaidi takes old- and new-school approach". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved November 5, 2014.
- McCollough, Andy (March 30, 2017). "How Dodgers GM Farhan Zaidi became one of the most coveted minds in baseball". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved July 20, 2018.
- Elliott, Bob (November 11, 2014). "Dodgers GM celebrates birthday in style". Toronto Sun. Retrieved February 14, 2017.
- Kennedy, Brendan (November 5, 2014). "Canadian-born Farhan Zaidi to be named Los Angeles Dodgers GM". The Star.
- McCollough, Andy (February 23, 2018). "How Dodgers general manager Farhan Zaidi built a dynasty — in fantasy football". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved July 20, 2018.
- "AP source: Dodgers hiring A's Farhan Zaidi as GM". ESPN.com. Associated Press. November 4, 2014. Retrieved November 5, 2014.
- Hecht Maxwell, Jill (April 19, 2011). "Farhan Zaidi '98". Technology Review. Retrieved November 5, 2014.
- Kennedy, Brendan (May 24, 2014). "Oakland A's executive changing the face of baseball". Toronto Star. Retrieved November 5, 2014.
- "An Interview with Farhan Zaidi of the Oakland A's". sabernomics.com. May 25, 2005. Retrieved November 5, 2014.
- "Exclusive: A's Director of Baseball Operations Farhan Zaidi Talks Top Prospects with A's Farm – Part 1". A's Farm. March 7, 2013. Retrieved November 5, 2014.
- Lockard, Melissa (February 19, 2014). "Oakland A's Spring Q&A: Farhan Zaidi, Part 1". scout.com. Retrieved November 5, 2014.
- "Dodgers hire Farhan Zaidi as GM". ESPN.com. Retrieved November 6, 2014.
- Haft, Chris (November 6, 2018). "Zaidi to head Giants' baseball ops". MLB.com. Retrieved April 24, 2019.
- Crowley, Kerry (November 7, 2018). "Farhan Zaidi charts bold new course for Giants: 'Everything has got to be on the table'". Mercury News. Retrieved April 24, 2019.
- BR Bullpen
- Athletics bio
- Laurila, David (March 8, 2013). "Sloan Analytics: Farhan Zaidi on A's Analytics". Fangraphs. Retrieved January 13, 2015.
| Los Angeles Dodgers General Manager