Faces in the Fog
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Faces in the Fog|
|Directed by||John English|
|Produced by||Herman Millakowsky|
|Music by||Joseph Dubin|
|Edited by||Tony Martinelli|
|Distributed by||Republic Pictures|
Hard-partying Tom and Cora Elliott neglect their kids, 17-year-old Mary and 14-year-old Les. This worries their neighbor. Dr. Fred Mason.
At the urging of older boy Mike, Les sneaks a gun out of his dad's home and goes to a part at Dr. Mason's house, where Mary is flirting with 18-year-old Joe Mason. Mike accidentally shoots Les, who is only grazed. Another boy at the party tells the police about the incident. Tom believes Dr. Mason informed the cops, and is furious. He demands that Mary stop seeing Joe. Mary and Joe conspire to attend a school dance with other dates, but spend the night dancing. The two argue, and Mary leaves with Mike. The drunken Mike strikes a pedestrian with his car. Joe takes the injured man to the hospital, and is blamed for the accident.
Joe decides to enlist in the army. Realizing their fight was silly, Mary elopes with him. A jealous Mike sees them spending the night at a motel, and tells Mary's dad, Tom. Tom rushes to the motel and shoots Joe. Tom is acquitted for "defending his daughter's honor". Mary reveals that she and Joe are married. Mary and Joe are allowed to spend a week on a honeymoon before Mary faces a perjury trial for her various lies.
- Jane Withers as Mary Elliott
- Paul Kelly as Tom Elliott
- Lee Patrick as Cora Elliott
- John Litel as Dr. Mason
- Eric Sinclair as Joe Mason
- Dorothy Peterson as Mrs. Mason
- Gertrude Michael as Nora Brooks
- H.B. Warner as Defense Attorney Rankins
- Richard Byron as Mike
- Roger Clark as Sgt. O'Donnell
- Adele Mara as Gertrude
- Bob Stebbins as Les Elliott
- Charles Trowbridge as Mr. White
- Helen Talbot as Alice
- Joel McGinnis as Danny
- Tom London as Auto Court Manager
- Emmett Vogan as Capt. Roberts
- McCarty p.88
- Clifford McCarty. Film Composers in America: A Filmography, 1911-1970. Oxford University Press, 2000.