"Excited" is the third single from Australian indie rock band Little Birdy's debut album, BigBigLove, released on 18 April 2005. It was produced by Paul McKercher at Big Jesus Burger Studios, and mixed at Studios 301.
|Single by Little Birdy|
|from the album BigBigLove|
|Released||18 April 2005|
|Little Birdy singles chronology|
The B-side of the single includes a live version of "Beautiful to Me" recorded at the 2005 Big Day Out, a short experimental noise track, "Definition" and a version of the Lee Hazlewood song "These Boots Are Made for Walkin'".
Critical reception edit
The Oz Music Project felt that it was "a catchy-enough song, with menacing guitars crunching in each ear. However, central to the equation are Steele’s impish vocals. Without her singing – pushed to its limits, thin in the high registers, but always communicative – the song would be a generic grunge-lite song."
Carmine Pascuzzi at Mediasearch considers that Katy Steele's vocals "could be something of an acquired taste" she has "admired the tenacious way in which they deliver their music." In her review of the single she stated "they impress again with ‘Excited’. It’s slightly darker than some of their previously sweeter tracks. The extra depth allows Katy’s vocals to expand into a soaring escape."
Australian music publication, FasterLouder, describes "Excited", with its indie guitar groove and Steele’s wrought singing style, as "setting the tone well for the rest of the album."
Track listing edit
- "New Australasian Releases". ARIA. April 2005. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- "Little Birdy". Australian Music Online. Australian Council for the Arts. Archived from the original on 19 December 2004. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- "Little Birdy – Excited". ARIA Top 50 Singles. Retrieved 20 August 2022.
- Pascuzzi, Carmine. "Little Birdy - Excited". Mediasearch. Archived from the original on 3 July 2007. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- "Little Birdy - Excited". Oz Music Project. Archived from the original on 6 August 2005. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- "Little Birdy - BigBigLove". FasterLouder. 19 November 2004. Archived from the original on 11 October 2012. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- "'Excited' at APRA search engine". Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA). Retrieved 12 April 2015. Note: User may have to click on 'Search again' and provide details at 'Enter a title:', e.g. Excited; or at 'Performer:' Little Birdy.