EverLine is a fully automated driverless 18.1-kilometer (11.2 mi) people mover line in Yongin, Seoul Capital Area connecting Everland, South Korea's most popular theme park, to Bundang Line of the Seoul Metropolitan Subway. The system is identical to AirTrain JFK people mover in New York City, using single-car Bombardier Advanced Rapid Transit vehicles controlled by Bombardier CITYFLO 650 automatic train control technology.
Jeondae - Everland
|Opened||April 26, 2013|
|Owner||Yongin Rapid Transit Corporation|
|Line length||18.143 km (11.274 mi)|
|Number of tracks||2|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Operating speed||80 km/h|
Ground was broken for construction in November 2005. Starting in November 2009, the operating company conducted test runs of the trains. The opening was delayed several times but finally opened for service on April 26, 2013. A physical transfer to the underground Giheung Station opened on January 9, 2014 and transfer discount to the Bundang Line was introduced in September 20, 2014.
Trains run every 6 minutes (9 minutes on Sundays and holidays). The train operates with one car trains unlike other ART systems but can be expanded to be two cars long similar to the AirTrain JFK.
(Nam June Paik Art Center)
|City Hall·Yongin University||시청·용인대||市廳 龍仁大|
|Stadium·Songdam College||운동장·송담대||運動場 松潭大|
Additionally, Neotrans, the operator of the Shinbundang Line, will take over operations later on in 2016.
South Korean authorities are investigating possible corruption by Bombardier Transportation officials over the building of this line and concerns that ridership was exaggerated to have the technology preferentially chosen over other contenders.
- '용인 경전철' 오늘부터 달린다 (in Korean). Simin Ilbo. April 25, 2013.
- "Bombardier Transportation accused of corruption in South Korea". CBC News. January 28, 2015. Retrieved January 31, 2015.
- "Guest Post: Trying out South Korea's new Light Metro line". transportblog.co.nz. July 11, 2013. Archived from the original on March 2, 2014. Retrieved March 1, 2014.
- "YONGIN EVERLINE LRT: 5TH FULLY AUTOMATED METRO LINE IN SOUTH KOREA". UITP. April 29, 2013.
- "(경기도 도시철도) 용인경전철 연장" (in Korean). Future Rail Database. December 9, 2011. Archived from the original on September 27, 2013. Retrieved November 12, 2012.