Eudenice V. Palaruan
|Occupation||Conductor, composer, music educator|
Early life and educationEdit
His training in music formally began at the Philippine High School for the Arts where he majored in voice and piano. He studied composition and conducting under Reynaldo Paguio and Joel Navarro at the University of the Philippines College of Music, and graduated with a bachelor's degree in choral conducting. From 1994 to 1997, he took further studies in conducting pedagogy at the Berliner Kirchenmusikschule in Germany under Prof. Martin Behrmann.
Palaruan started taking his first major steps in his career at an early age. In his teenage years, he joined the Philippine Madrigal Singers where he eventually became assistant choirmaster. He also performed under Dr. Joel Navarro with the Ateneo College Glee Club where he also became assistant conductor and, from 1991 to 1994, served as music director.
From 1991 to 1993, he taught at the music department at Sta Isabel College.
He became faculty member at the Asian Institute of Liturgy and Music (AILM) from 1990 to 1993, and 1998 to 2004 when he also handled the AILM Chorale – Asian Ensemble.
From 1999 to 2004, he served as the choir director of the Chancel Choir of the 7000-member Greenhills Christian Fellowship in Ortigas Center, Pasig.
In 2004, he was appointed as principal conductor of the San Miguel Master Chorale, the Philippines' first professional choir. Under his direction, the choir performed at the 7th World Symposium on Choral Music (2005) in Kyoto, Japan. In the same critically acclaimed performance, the San Miguel Master Chorale also premiered Palaruan's compositions Gapas and Infaag of a Pundayaw (Praise) series.
Eudenice Palaruan is married to Emily Ann Palaruan with whom he has three children.
- "History". Archived from the original on 2012-02-10. Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- "the San Miguel Master Chorale earns praises from US broadcaster". Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- "World Choral Spectacular from American Public Media". Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- Eudenice V. Palaruan, retrieved 14 March 2012
- Palaruan, Eudenice, retrieved 14 March 2012
- Asian Institute for Liturgy and Music - About a School, 2007, archived from the original on 3 April 2012, retrieved 14 March 2012
- Ateneo de Manila College Glee Club, 10 August 2001, archived from the original on 23 March 2010, retrieved 14 March 2012
- Oftana-Tamayo, Alice (15 November 2007), Ateneo Glee Club alumni, Magis celebrate 60th anniversary of Guam parish, retrieved 14 March 2012
- Eudenice V. Palaruan, 2009, retrieved 14 March 2012