"Errol" is the second single by iconic Australian surf rock band Australian Crawl taken from their 1981 album Sirocco. The song was written by James Reyne and Guy McDonough, and is a lyrical biography about Australian-born actor Errol Flynn. It was produced by Peter Dawkins.
|Single by Australian Crawl|
|from the album Sirocco|
|B-side||"Easy On Your Own"|
|Format||7" Vinyl Single|
|Recorded||Studio 301 (Sydney, New South Wales)|
|Songwriter(s)||James Reyne, Guy McDonough|
|Australian Crawl singles chronology|
B-side, "Easy on Your Own" was written by Simon Binks and Brad Robinson of The Crawl together with Australian actress Kerry Armstrong. Robinson and Armstrong were married; Armstrong was later an Australian Film Institute Award winner.
In December 1982, the then-nascent Australian new wave band This Is Serious Mum parodied the song as "Yassa Ara-Thin-A-Go-Go". The recording would be released on 29 July 2002.
|Australian Singles Chart||18|
- "1996: 10th Annual ARIA Awards". ARIA. Archived from the original on 2007-12-14. Retrieved 2008-03-11.
- Holmgren, Magnus; Warnqvist, Stefan; Draper, Oliver; McDonough, Bill. "Australian Crawl". Australian Rock Database. Passagen.se (Magnus Holmgren). Archived from the original on 22 October 2013. Retrieved 23 March 2014.
- "Australasian Performing Right Association". APRA. Archived from the original on January 24, 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-06.
- Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970-1992. St Ives, N.S.W.: Australian Chart Book. ISBN 0-646-11917-6. NOTE: Used for Australian Singles and Albums charting from 1970 until ARIA created their own charts in mid-1988.
- "Triple M's Essential 2007 Countdown". Triple M. Archived from the original on 2008-11-20. Retrieved 2008-03-06.
- Kerry Armstrong on IMDb