Eric Mower and Associates
Mower (Formerly Eric Mower + Associates) is a full-service integrated marketing communications agency that offers consumer and business-to-business marketing and public relations/public affairs.
|Eric Mower (CEO)|
Number of employees
In 2021, 2014 and 2012, Mower was named by Ad Age as one of the 50 "Best Places to Work" in advertising. Mower has also named a "Top Place to Work in PR" five times by PR News, most recently in 2020, and was twice named Agency of the Year by Bulldog Reporter.  The agency’s work has been recognized in the Cannes Lion, Clio, One Show, Addy, PRSA Silver Anvil, ACE and B2B Awards.
Eric Mower joined the agency in 1968 and in 1975 it became Silverman & Mower. In 1980, the firm became Eric Mower and Associates. In 2018, during Eric Mower's 50th year with the company, the firm rebranded itself as Mower.
Mower combined with Levy King & White of Buffalo, N.Y., in 1990 and Blair BBDO of Rochester, N.Y., in 1991. EMA opened its offices in Albany, N.Y., in 1996 and in Atlanta, Ga., in 1998. EMA combined with Mitchell, DeTine & Neiler of Buffalo, N.Y. in 1999; Smith Advertising Group of Syracuse, N.Y., in 2000; Sage Marcom of Syracuse, N.Y. in 2001; and Price McNabb of Charlotte, N.C. in 2004. In 2008, EMA combined with Mark Russell & Associates of Syracuse, N.Y. and Atlanta  and with Sawchuck Brown Associates of Albany, N.Y. In addition, EMA combined with Strata-G Communications of Cincinnati, Ohio in 2012 and Middleton & Gendron of New York City in 2014. And most recently in October 2015, EMA combined with HB Agency, a Boston-based integrated marketing and public relations agency.
In 2011, Doug Bean was named chief operating officer.
In 2018, the agency celebrated its 50th anniversary and rebranded itself Mower.
Mower has nine U.S. locations: Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse (in Armory Square), New York City, and Albany, New York; Charlotte, North Carolina; Atlanta, Georgia; Cincinnati, Ohio and Boston, Massachusetts.
The firm has 250 professionals.
Mower was ranked 19th in City & State's New York Political PR Power 50. The ranking lists the top strategic communications professionals in New York politics and policy. Eric Mower was also inducted into the Association of National Advertisers Business-to-Business Marketing Hall of Fame during the 2019 Masters of B2B Marketing Conference in Chicago.
In 2020, the agency was listed in the Chief Marketer 200 for the third consecutive year. Mower also earned both a Gold and Silver Adrian Award for its work in travel and tourism marketing during the 2020 Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International (HSMAI) Adrian Awards.
- Domtar Paper "Paper Because" 
- Nucor "It's our nature" 
- Freightliner Trucks "Hardest Working Cities" 
- BlueCross BlueShield of WNY "Painkillers Kill" 
- Iroquois Healthcare Association "The Caring Gene" 
- Johnson, Bradley (11 January 2021). "Ad Age Best Places to Work 2021". Ad Age.
- "Top Places to Work in PR 2014: Eric Mower + Associates - PR News". PR News. 2014-09-16. Retrieved 2018-07-04.
- "2020 Top Places to Work". PRNEWS. Retrieved 2020-07-29.
- "Eric Mower, Mark Russell ad agencies to combine". www.syracuse.com. 2008-05-13. Retrieved 2010-02-26.
- "Eric Mower + Associates Rebrands as Mower". PRWeek.
- Pinckney, Barbara (2004-02-13). "EMA: Determined growth of upstate footprint". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2010-02-26.
- "Consolidating Displays". www.promomagazine.com. 1999-12-01. Archived from the original on 2011-06-06. Retrieved 2010-02-26.
- "LOCAL ADVERTISING AGENCIES JOIN FORCES; AD AGENCY DEAL HAD BEEN DISCUSSED FOR TWO YEARS; ERIC MOWER AND ASSOCIATES ACQUIRES SAGE MARCOM INC. FOR AN UNDISCLOSED SUM". www.highbeam.com. 2001-09-27. Archived from the original on 2012-11-03. Retrieved 2010-02-26.
- Elliott, Stuart (2004-06-29). "THE MEDIA BUSINESS: ADVERTISING -- ADDENDA; Eric Mower Group Buys Price McNabb". www.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2010-02-26.
- "Eric Mower buys Sawchuk Brown Associates". www.bizjournals.com. 2009-04-06. Retrieved 2008-08-12.
- "Press Releases".
- "Eric Mower + Associates Gets a Presence in New York". www.adweek.com. 2014-10-22. Retrieved 2015-01-26.
- "50-year-old Eric Mower + Associates shortens name to Mower". syracuse.com. Retrieved 2018-07-04.
- "Mower Hires Gyro, JWT Vet as CCO". adweek.it. Retrieved 2020-04-23.
- "O'Keefe Reinhard & Paul says goodbye to Groupon with swan song ad featuring Tiffany Haddish". adage.com. 2019-12-13. Retrieved 2020-04-23.
- "IN Agency in USA: New York, Florida, Georgia and North Carolina". www.agencies.in-advertising.com. Archived from the original on 2010-07-15. Retrieved 2010-02-26.
- "Political PR Power 50". CSNY. 2021-01-11. Retrieved 2020-01-11.
- "Mower agency founder inducted into marketing hall of fame". syracuse. 2019-07-17. Retrieved 2020-03-31.
- "Chief Marketer 200 - MOWER:MOWER". Chief Marketer 200. Retrieved 2020-03-31.
- Reporter, Bulldog (2020-02-13). "Mower's Travel & Tourism Expertise Earns Gold and Silver at 2020 HSMAI Awards". Agility PR Solutions. Retrieved 2020-03-31.
- Elliott, Stuart (2013-03-24). "Ads That Speak the Language of Social Media". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-03-31.
- Lovel|February 15, Jim; 2005. "Nucor Breaks First Campaign From EMA". www.adweek.com. Retrieved 2020-03-31.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "ANA Business Marketing Members-Only Event in Charlotte". www.ana.net. Retrieved 2020-03-31.
- "Community Campaign of the Year". PRWeek. March 20, 2015.
- "Caring Gene™ Campaign Seeks to fill Hundreds of Upstate New York Healthcare Career Opportunities". Ethical Marketing News. 31 July 2019.