|Birth name||Eric Louis Barrier|
|Born||November 8, 1963|
Queens, New York City, New York, U.S.
|Labels||4th & B'way/Island/PolyGram Records|
Eric B. started deejaying with his younger brother and two friends at a roller rink.  He attended William Collen Bryant High School under a basketball scholarship. “I thought of becoming a pro ball player, " he said. "But music became a priority. " 
Eric B. cites deejays such as DJ Vernon, King Charles, and Grandmaster Flash as early influences. "I remember sneaking out to the armories at night, sneaking out to the parties at St. Gabriel School on Astoria Boulevard," he recalls.
- "F.D.S #39 - THE ERIC B EPISODE - FULL EPISODE". YouTube. 2017-08-08. Retrieved 2019-11-12.
- Justin Ivey (2019-10-21). "Eric B. Lands Role In CBS Show "Blue Bloods"". HipHopDX. Retrieved 2019-11-13.
- Huey, Steve. "Rakim Biography". allmusic. Retrieved December 13, 2010.
- Kool Moe Dee, 2003, "There's A God On The Mic: The True 50 Greatest MCs", Thunder's Mouth Press, p.324.
- "The Greatest MCs Of All Time". MTV.com. March 9, 2006. Archived from the original on April 2, 2010. Retrieved April 1, 2010.
- Shapiro, Peter, 2005, "The Rough Guide To Hip-Hop, 2nd Edition", Penguin, p. 126.
- "The Greatest Hip-Hop Albums Of All Time". MTV.com. March 9, 2006. Archived from the original on July 19, 2013. Retrieved March 30, 2012.
- "The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Announces 2012 Nominees for Induction | The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum". Rockhall.com. September 27, 2011. Retrieved March 30, 2012.