Enterprise Champion or Enterprise Tsar is a position within the UK Government responsible for promoting entrepreneurship and advising the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills. The role is currently held by Alan Sugar, the well-known entrepreneur and star of BBC One's The Apprentice, who formerly held the position for one year during the Brown ministry (2007–10). During this time, he was ennobled as Lord Sugar.
- "No. 59124". The London Gazette. 10 July 2009. p. 11879.
- "Urban Dictionary: enterprise-tsar". Urban Dictionary. Retrieved 2018-10-27.
- "Lord Sugar appointed government's enterprise tsar". GOV.UK. Retrieved 2018-10-27.
- Stewart, Heather (2016-05-25). "Alan Sugar named Tory enterprise tsar despite past criticism of Osborne". the Guardian. Retrieved 2018-10-27.
- "Alan Sugar reappointed as government's enterprise tsar | Business Advice". Business Advice. 2016-05-25. Retrieved 2018-10-27.
- Hughes, Laura (2016-05-25). "Lord Sugar hired as the Government's 'Enterprise Tsar'". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2018-10-27.
|This article related to government in the United Kingdom or its constituent countries is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|