In the body, energy consumption is part of energy homeostasis. It derived from food energy. Energy consumption in the body is a product of the basal metabolic rate and the physical activity level. The physical activity level are defined for a non-pregnant, non-lactating adult as that person's total energy expenditure (TEE) in a 24-hour period, divided by his or her basal metabolic rate (BMR):
Topics related to energy consumption in a demographic sense are:
Effects of energy consumptionEdit
Reduction of energy consumptionEdit
- Energy conservation, the practice of decreasing the quantity of energy used
- Efficient energy use
- ^ "Energy consumption definition and meaning - Collins English Dictionary". www.collinsdictionary.com.
- ^ "Human energy requirements: Principles and Definitions". Report of a Joint FAO/WHO/UNU Expert Consultation. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. 2004. Retrieved 2009-10-15.
- Media related to Energy consumption at Wikimedia Commons
- World energy consumption per capita per country