The Enduroman Arch to Arc Triathlon is an ultra-distance triathlon. The triathlon starts with an 87-mile run (140 km) from London's Marble Arch to Dover on the Kent coast, then a cross-Channel swim (shortest distance 21 miles/33.8 km) to the French coast, and finishes with a 180-mile (289.7 km) bike ride from Calais to the Arc de Triomphe in Paris.
The clock starts at Marble Arch, London and stops at the Arc de Triomphe, Paris. Only 45 athletes have ever completed the challenge. As of August 2019[update] the record for the course is 50 hours and 24 minutes, set by Mayank Vaid of India, beating the previous record of 52 hours and 30 minutes, set by Julien Deneyer of Belgium. On August 19, 2011, Rachael Cadman became the first woman to complete the challenge, in 97 hours, 37 minutes. Joanne Rodda finished in 78 hours, 39 minutes on 30 September 2014 to become the fastest female finisher. In August 2015, 25-year-old Freddie Iron became the youngest man to complete the Arch to Arc, in a time of 77 hours, 17 minutes. On 21 September 2015, at 53 years old, Grantley Bridge became the oldest man to complete it, in 88 hours, 7 minutes.
In 2018, Frenchwoman Marine Leleu finished the competition in 69h52, setting the new female record for the event. She lost her title a few weeks later to Perrine Fages who finished the competition in 67h21.
In August 2017, Douglas Waymark got into difficulty about half-way through the cross-Channel swimming element of the event. After being airlifted to William Harvey Hospital in Ashford, he later died.
|2011||Rachael Cadman||97h 37'||Michelle Santilhano||120h 16'|
|2012||Michelle Rothwell||92h 0'|
|2013||Judith Martin||76h 23'||Rachel Hessom||167h 7'|
|2014||Joanne Rodda||78h 39'|
|2017||Rachel Hill||88 h 30|
|2018||Perrine Fages||67h 21|
|2019||Jacomina Eijkelboom||66h 56|
- "Enduroman Solo Results". 25 Aug 2019.
- Patrick Hatch (6 June 2016). "Enduroman Solo Results".
- "RAF officer Rachael Cadman completes Enduroman race". BBC News. 24 August 2011.
- Natalie Glanvill (23 October 2014). "Woodford Green resident is fastest female to complete 289-mile Arch to Arc triathlon". Lancashire Telegraph.
- "Freddie Iron's Enduroman Arch to Arc charity triathlon triumph". Sidney Sussex College, University of Cambridge. August 2015.
- "Arch to Arc Records". Enduroman Ultra Events. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "Records - Enduroman". www.enduroman.com. Retrieved 2018-08-31.
- "Douglas Waymark dies attempting to swim English Channel". BBC News. 8 August 2017.
- "Ce Belge devient le sportif le plus endurant au monde" (in French). La Libre.be. 22 August 2019.
- "VIDÉO Enduroman de Londres à Paris : Julien Deneyer est arrivé en 52h30" (in French). L'avenir.net. 22 August 2019.