Empire & State
Empire & State is a browser-based, free-to-play political strategy MMORPG developed by Novel. Empire & State was released as an open beta in April 2011 and was fully released in November 2011. In addition to being available through Empire & States website, the game became available to play through a game portal at Bigpoint Games in November 2011. The Lead Designers were Mike Marr and Toby Ragaini with Paul Furio as Technical Director and Keenan Purk as Lead Artist. The game involves the exploration and conquest of a new planet and is designed to appeal to both casual and hard core gamers.
|Empire & State|
|Release||November 28, 2011|
|Mode(s)||Massively multiplayer online game|
Empire & State allows players to immigrate to other player-run empires to set up their home territory. As citizens of an empire players can do jobs, collect resources, own property, build vehicles, and earn currency. Players can support the leader of an empire, start rebellions to overthrow governments, or attempt to build their own empire by taking control of a city and fighting for the surrounding land.
For an empire to survive, players collaborate during rebellions or development of new empires. This creates a constantly evolving political environment where players form alliances or make enemies while facing honorable or corrupt governments.
- "Empire & State Interviews: Novel, Inc. Interview at". Mmorpg.com. Retrieved 2012-01-31.
- Dean Takahashi (2011-01-19). "Novel will jump from games to business simulations". VentureBeat. Retrieved 2012-01-31.
- "Novel Is Bridging the Business and Gaming Worlds With "Empire & State"". Fast Company. 2011-01-19. Retrieved 2012-01-31.
- "Empire & State Interviews: Update Interview at". Mmorpg.com. Retrieved 2012-01-31.
- "Novel Seeks to Marry Casual Games With MMOs in "Empire & State"". Xconomy. Retrieved 2012-01-31.
- Nick Kolan. "Empire and State Preview - Web Games Preview at IGN". Pc.ign.com. Retrieved 2012-01-31.
- Hindman, Beau (2011-01-21). "Massively gets the scoop on Empire & State, a new political MMO | Massively". Massively.joystiq.com. Retrieved 2012-01-31.
- Post your event +. "Gaming Technology: A tool for productivity | Washington and Puget Sound Business News Source | Seattle Business Magazine". Seattlebusinessmag.com. Retrieved 2012-01-31.