Elvira, te daría mi vida pero la estoy usando
Elvira, te daría mi vida pero la estoy usando (Spanish for: Elvira, I would give you my life but I am using it) is a 2014 Mexican comedy-drama film produced by Cecilia Suárez and directed by Manolo Caro. Starring Cecilia Suárez, Luis Gerardo Méndez and Vanessa Bauche. It was one of fourteen films shortlisted by Mexico to be their submission for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film at the 88th Academy Awards, but it lost out to 600 Miles.
|Elvira, te daría mi vida pero la estoy usando|
|Directed by||Manolo Caro|
|Written by||Manolo Caro|
|Edited by||Jorge García|
|Distributed by||Cinépolis Distribución|
Elvira (Cecilia Suárez) is a 40-year-old woman who takes care of her home and her two children while her husband, Gustavo (Carlos Bardem), is working in an insurance company and keeps family. One night, Gustavo tells his wife that he is going for cigars and he does not return.
Concerned about her husband, Elvira comes to seek him and files a missing person, because she believes that he suffered an accident. As time passes, she continues with her quest and begins to find reasons to suspect that her husband has escaped with his lover.
- Cecilia Suárez as Elvira
- Luis Gerardo Méndez as Ricardo
- Vanessa Bauche as Luisa
- Angie Cepeda as Eloy
- Carlos Bardem as Gustavo
- Angélica Aragón as Mamá de Elvira
- Juan Carlos Colombo as Don Ruti
- Alfonso Dosal as Pepe
- Juan Pablo Medina as Ejecutivo
- Zuria Vega as Ana
- Mariana Treviño as Guille
- María Elena Saldaña as Portera
- Silverio Palacios as Don Chuy
- Javier Poza. ""Elvira te daría mi vida…" se estrenará en cines en agosto: Suárez". Grupo Fórmula (in Spanish). Archived from the original on March 12, 2017. Retrieved May 18, 2015.
- "Presentan "Elvira, te daría mi vida pero la estoy usando" en Riviera Maya Film Festival". Sin Embargo (in Spanish). Retrieved May 18, 2015.
- ""Elvira, te daría mi vida pero la estoy usando": una película sobre conocer a la pareja y conocerse a uno mismo". Sopitas (in Spanish). Retrieved May 18, 2015.
- Javier Poza. "Cinépolis distribuirá "Elvira te daría mi vida…" de Manolo Caro". Grupo Fórmula (in Spanish). Archived from the original on March 12, 2017. Retrieved May 18, 2015.
- "Goya y Oscar 2016". Academia Mexicana de Artes y Ciencias Cinematográficas. 21 August 2015. Archived from the original on 10 December 2015. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
- "14 Films Compete to Represent Mexico at the Oscars". Variety. 3 September 2015. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- "Mexico Picks '600 Miles' Starring Tim Roth as Oscar Entry". IndieWire. 17 September 2015. Archived from the original on 26 September 2015. Retrieved 17 September 2015.