Elvir Ibišević (born 10 February 1998) is a Bosnian professional soccer who plays as a forward for Union Omaha in USL League One. He has represented Bosnia and Herzegovina national football team at the senior level.
|Date of birth||10 February 1998|
|Place of birth||Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|2011–2013||Sporting Kansas City|
|2016–2018||Des Moines Menace||19||(5)|
|2015||United States U17||2||(0)|
|2018–||Bosnia and Herzegovina||1||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18 November 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 03 March 2019
Born in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ibišević grew up in the United States. Ibišević was a star soccer player at Johnston High School, and was a member of the Sporting Kansas City academy. He opted to join the Omaha Mavericks a year early in 2016. Ibišević joined the Des Moines Menace in 2016, and was the youngest member of the team.
In July 2018, Elvir officially joined NK Celje in the Slovenian Prva Liga on 3-year deal. He made his official debut for the club in a match against Triglav Kranj on August 18. He scored his first goal for NK Celje on October 27 against Triglav Kranj.
In July 2019, NK Celje announced they would be parting ways with Ibišević, leaving him a free agent. He would join Chemie Leipzig. On December 19, the club announced that they would part ways with Elvir by mutual consent.
Ibišević was born in Bosnia and Herzegovina, but moved to the United States at the age of 2 and was raised in Johnston, Iowa. Previously a youth international for the United States, he was called up to the Bosnia and Herzegovina national football team for a friendly match against the USA on 28 January 2018. He made his debut in the 83rd minute of the 0-0 tie with the United States.
- "Elvir Ibišević prešao u Sporting Kansas City: Lijepo je biti u jednom od najjačih klubova". klix.ba (in Bosnian). Klix.ba. 3 June 2015. Retrieved 29 January 2018.
- "7 facts about Elvir Ibisevic". menacesoccer.com.
- Oldach, Ben (13 May 2016). "Bosnian-Born Soccer Player Finds Success in Des Moines". WHO-DT. Tribune Broadcasting. Retrieved 29 January 2018.
- writer, Tony Boone / World-Herald staff. "UNO's Elvir Ibisevic relishes opportunity with Bosnia and Herzegovina national team".
- "Bosnia-Herzegovina vs. United States - Play-By-Play - January 28, 2018". www.foxsports.com.
- "Elvir Ibišević: Pokušat ću zamijeniti Vedada u reprezentaciji, želim igrati u Evropi".