Elphel cameras have been used to capture images for Google Street View and the Google Books project. The Moss Landing Marine Laboratories use Elphel cameras in their project called Submersible Capable of Under Ice Navigation and Imaging (SCINI) – a NSF-funded research project for robotic under the sea ice for surveying and exploration in Antarctica.
- Open source hardware 2009 - The definitive guide to open source hardware projects in 2009, Make:, 2009, retrieved November 23, 2010
- Elphel camera: free software and open hardware, Free Software Foundation, 2009, retrieved March 31, 2013
- Andrey N. Filippov, Elphel Inc., retrieved August 28, 2011
- McCue, TJ (October 21, 2013). "Google Trekker Camera Walks You Through Arlington, Mt Fuji, Galapagos". Forbes. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "Weekly Google Code Roundup", Google Code Blog, Google, August 10, 2007, retrieved November 22, 2010
- "Engineering", Ice Aged Project, Cal state, 2010, archived from the original on July 22, 2010, retrieved November 23, 2010