She graduated from Moscow University and completed her PhD in English from Oxford University.
She is a research fellow at Oxford University.
She teaches Old and Middle English at Oxford University.
Some of her books are:
- Chaucer: The General Prologue
- The Keys of Middle-Earth: Discovering Medieval Literature through the Fiction of J.R.R. Tolkien
- The book offers excerpts from fourteen medieval literary works in Old English, Middle English and Old Norse together with a study of thematic parallels in J. R. R. Tolkien's fiction. A review in the journal Studies in the Novel found it well-suited for "academics, students, general readers, and Tolkien fans," while the reviewer for Strange Horizons concluded that "for those wanting to explore it the wider field, this is more a companion than a guide."
- Languages, Myths and History: An Introduction to the Linguistic and Literary Background of J. R. R. Tolkien's Fiction
- Key Concepts in Medieval Literature
- Manuscripts of the Wycliffite Bible in the Bodleian and Oxford College Libraries
- The Wycliffite Bible: Origin, History and Interpretation
- Latin Liturgical Psalters in the Bodleian Library: A Select Catalogue
- "Solopova, Elizabeth". Library of Congress. Retrieved 15 January 2017.
- "Elizabeth Solopova". University of Oxford. Retrieved 15 January 2017.
- Collier, Pieter (16 June 2009). "Interview with Dr. Solopova, author of Languages, Myths and History". Tolkien Library. Retrieved 15 January 2017.
- "About the Author: Elizabeth Solopova". University of Chicago Press. Retrieved 15 January 2017.
- "Dr Elizabeth Solopova". University of Cambridge. Retrieved 15 January 2017.
- "Books by Elizabeth Solopova". Goodreads. Retrieved 15 January 2017.
- Marsh, Kay (2008). "Review: The Keys of Middle Earth: Discovering Medieval Literature Through the Fiction of J.R.R. Tolkien". Studies in the Novel. 40 (4): 517–9. JSTOR 29533903.
- Sperring, Kari (22 February 2016). "The Keys of Middle-earth: Discovering Medieval Literature through the Fiction of J. R. R. Tolkien by Stuart Lee and Elizabeth Solopova". Strange Horizons. Missing or empty
- Toswell, M. J. (2015). "Reviews: Elizabeth Solopova, Latin Liturgical Psalters in the Bodleian Library: A Select Catalogue". Speculum. 90 (1): 298–9. doi:10.1017/S0038713414002991.