Electoral district of Yass
Yass was an electoral district of the Legislative Assembly in the Australian state of New South Wales between 1894 and 1920. It included the town of Yass. It largely replaced the electoral district of Yass Plains. In 1920, with the introduction of proportional representation, it was absorbed along with Burrangong into Cootamundra. It was recreated in 1930 and replaced by Burrinjuck in 1950.
Members for YassEdit
|First incarnation (1894—1920)|
|William Affleck||Free Trade||1894–1901|
|Second incarnation (1930—1950)|
|Total formal votes||13,897||99.0|
- Preferences were not distributed.
- Green, Antony. "Elections for the District of Yass". New South Wales Election Results 1856-2007. Parliament of New South Wales. Retrieved 12 March 2020.
- "Part 5B alphabetical list of all electorates and Members since 1856" (PDF). NSW Parliamentary Record. Parliament of New South Wales. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- "Former Members". Members of Parliament. Parliament of New South Wales. Retrieved 2 December 2019.
- Green, Antony. "1947 Yass". New South Wales Election Results 1856-2007. Parliament of New South Wales. Retrieved 3 May 2020.