Elchanan Heilprin (December 26, 1921 – February 18, 2015) was the Rabbi of the Golders Green neighbourhood of London and President of the Union of Orthodox Hebrew Congregations. He was also known as the Av Beit Din of Radomishl after the town of his maternal grandfather, Rabbi Shmuel Engel, Rav of Radomishl.
|Born||December 26, 1921|
|Died||February 18, 2015 (aged 93)|
|Residence||Golders Green, London|
In his youth, he studied several years under his grandfather, Rabbi Shmuel Engel, until the death of the latter, who was formally eulogised by Heilprin, then aged 13. At age 14, Heilprin corresponded with Rabbi Joseph Rosen.
After his marriage, he settled in London.
At the time of Heilprin's death, He was considered one of the most senior rabbis in the world. He left behind over 1,400 direct descendants, including grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and great-great-grandchildren. His five sons and four sons-in-law all hold important rabbinic positions.
- Hurvitz, Nattan; Hoffman, Aharon Yosef (2015) [Originally published 2014 in Hebrew]. "Most Descendants on Record". The Book of Amazing Facts and Feats. Vol. 4. Translated into English by Brocha David. Feldheim Publishers. p. 20. ISBN 978-1-59826-149-3.
- גאב"ד ראדמושילא: הגאון רבי אלחנן הלפרין זצ"ל. Kikar HaShabbat (in Hebrew). 18 February 2015. Retrieved 5 October 2021.
- נשבה ארון ה' • הגה"צ רבי אלחנן היילפרין גאב"ד ראדומישלא זצוקללה"ה. JDN (in Hebrew). 18 February 2015. Retrieved 13 January 2022.
- אב"ד ראדומישלא: הגאון רבי אלחנן הלפרין זצ"ל. Bhol (in Hebrew). 18 February 2015. Retrieved 17 January 2022.
- See Joseph Rosen. סימן ריב. שאלות ותשובות צפנת פענח (in Hebrew). p. 117. Retrieved 6 October 2021.