El Paso Community College
El Paso Community College (EPCC) is a community college district headquartered in El Paso, Texas, United States. EPCC operates five campuses in the Greater El Paso area, as well as courses offered at nearby Fort Bliss.
|Type||Public, 2-year, Community College|
|Dean||Varies on Campus|
|Students||24,642 (Fall 2008)|
El Paso, Texas, U.S.
|Nickname||Tejanos and Tejanas|
|Affiliations||Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)|
El Paso Community College is a member of the National Junior College Athletic Association competing in Region V and the Western Junior College Athletic Conference. EPCC's sports teams are known as the Tejanos. They compete in baseball, softball, and cross country running. The baseball team plays at EPCC Baseball Stadium.
EPCC Baseball StadiumEdit
EPCC Baseball Stadium is a baseball venue located in El Paso, TX and the home of the El Paso Community College Tejanos baseball team. The ballfield is located at the corner of Hawkins Blvd. and Phoenix Drive.
- Mission del Paso Campus: east El Paso/Mission Valley
- Northwest Campus: northwest El Paso
- Rio Grande Campus: downtown El Paso
- Transmountain Campus: northeast El Paso
- Valle Verde Campus: centrally located within the district, serves as EPCC's main campus
- Mission Early College High School—Socorro ISD
- Transmountain Early College High School—El Paso ISD
- Valle Verde Early College High School—Ysleta ISD
- Career Training Center—offers job training skills for displaced workers
- In addition, courses are offered at nearby Fort Bliss
- Glower, Marina. "EPCC Fall Enrollment Figures Holding Steady." Tejano Tribune (El Paso, TX) 25 Sept. 2008: 1.
- Texas Education Code, Section 130.178, "El Paso County Community College District Service Area".
- EPCC Athletics Home