Edoarda Vesselovsky (born 8 March 1940), better known by her stage name Edy Vessel, Edi Vessel, or Edy Vesel, is an Italian actress and businesswoman.
8 March 1940
(m. 1970; died 1980)
|Children||Princess Camilla, Duchess of Castro|
Vesselovsky was born in Trieste in 1940. In her youth, she worked as a model in the local boutiques while attending school. She landed a part as a chorus girl in a Wanda Osiris revue, where she was discovered by Mario Mattoli, who cast her in her debut film role in the 1959 film Guardatele ma non toccatele [Look, But Don't Touch].
In 1965 Vessel started a relationship with Italian businessman Camillo Crociani; once he obtained the annulment of his first marriage from the Roman Rota, the couple married in 1970. Heavily implicated in a bribery scandal involving Lockheed Corporation' s alleged bribery of government officials to induce the purchase of Lockheed planes, Crociani moved the whole family to Mexico. Upon Crociani's death in 1980, Vessel remarried to Count Pierluigi Vitalini and assumed control of Crociani's company Ciset (later to become Vitrociset), resulting in a court battle with Crociani's children from his first marriage.
- Guardatele ma non toccatele (Mario Mattoli, 1959) - Maggie
- Il raccomandato di ferro (Marcello Baldi, 1959)
- Tipi da spiaggia (Mario Mattoli, 1959) - Lucy
- Un dollaro di fifa (Giorgio Simonelli, 1960)
- The Passionate Thief (Mario Monicelli, 1960) - La ragazza
- The Thief of Baghdad (Arthur Lubin and Bruno Vailati, 1961) - Kadeejah
- Sword of the Conqueror (Carlo Campogalliani, 1961) - Matilda
- The Trojan Horse (Giorgio Ferroni, 1961) - Helen
- Psycosissimo (Steno, 1962) - Annalisa Michelotti
- Seven Seas to Calais (Primo Zeglio, 1962) - Arabella Ducleau
- 8½ (Federico Fellini, 1963) - L'indossatrice
- Rocambole (Bernard Borderie, 1963) - Cléo Santelli (singer) (final film role)
- Enrico Lancia, Roberto Poppi. Dizionario del cinema italiano, Le Attrici. Gremese Editore, 2003. pp. 365–366. ISBN 888440214X.
- e. rz. (1 March 1976). "Quelle gambe di Edy "Finmeccanica"". Stampa Sera (50). p. 1.
- Francesco Grignetti (13 October 1997). "Crociani, Dynasty al veleno". La Stampa (282). p. 11.
- Valentina Calaciura (21 June 2001). "La dinasty dei Crociani I figli rinviati a giudizio". La Repubblica. p. 9. Retrieved 3 October 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Edy Vessel.|