Edward "Ted" Kelsey (4 June 1930 – 23 April 2019) was an English actor, as well as a voiceover artist. He was known for voicing the role of Joe Grundy on the BBC radio soap opera The Archers, and for voicing various other characters on television.
|Died||23 April 2019(aged 88)|
Kelsey was born in Petersfield, Hampshire and educated at Churcher's College. In 1954, he joined the Radio Drama Company by winning the Carlton Hobbs Bursary He was known for voicing the characters of Colonel K and Baron Silas Greenback in the animated series DangerMouse produced by Cosgrove Hall. He has also appeared on British TV programmes as The Avengers, Softly, Softly, The Saint, Public Eye, Dempsey and Makepeace, Z-Cars, Juliet Bravo, Doctor Who, Minder, Angels, Casualty, The Vicar of Dibley, Reilly: Ace of Spies, Shoestring, Wives and Daughters, Anna of the Five Towns, Campion, The Tripods and EastEnders.
He acted in three Doctor Who stories, as a slave buyer in The Romans, Resno in The Power of the Daleks and Edu in The Creature from the Pit. He voiced Mr. Growbag in Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005), several characters in Victor and Hugo, Cosgrove Hall's The Reluctant Dragon and The Wind in the Willows (TV and film), H.H. Junketbury in The Talking Parcel, Farmer Listener and Forester in The Fool of the World and the Flying Ship and also for the voice of "The Thing" in another Cosgrove Hall production, Truckers, based on a book by Terry Pratchett.
- "Archers actor Edward Kelsey dies aged 88". BBC News. 24 April 2019. Retrieved 24 April 2019.
- "EDWARD KELSEY". Retrieved 26 August 2013.
- Petersfield Post, 'Tributes for Archers actor' p9 Wednesday 1 May 2019
- Carlton Hobbs Bursary winners at BBC.co.uk, accessed 23 January 2018
- "ABOUT EDWARD KELSEY". www.in.com. Retrieved 26 August 2013.
- "Edward Kelsey Biography". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 26 August 2013.[dead link]