Reginald Edward Oliphant Jewesbury (6 August 1917 – 31 March 2001) was an English actor, notable for his film, stage and television work and as a member of the Renaissance Theatre Company. In his later years he appeared in such television comedies as Yes Minister and Blackadder II.
Reginald Edward Oliphant Jewesbury
6 August 1917
|Died||31 March 2001 (aged 83)|
(m. 1939; died 1982)
- John Wesley (1954) - James Hutton
- Out of the Clouds (1955) - Captain Brent's Flight Engineer (uncredited)
- The Winter's Tale (1967) - Shepherd / Gaoler
- Sacco e Vanzetti (1971)
- Little Dorrit (1987) - Magnate from the Lords
- We Think the World of You (1988) - Judge
- Henry V (1989) - Sir Thomas Erpingham
- Peter's Friends (1992) - Mr. Gooch, Peter's Solicitor
- Much Ado About Nothing (1993) - Sexton
- Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1994) - City Official
- Richard III (1995) - King Henry
- The Grotesque (1995) - Sir Edward Tome
- In the Bleak Midwinter (1995) - Nina's Father
- Preaching to the Perverted (1997) - Judge Yell
- Mrs Dalloway (1997) - Professor Brierly
- Beautiful People (1999) - Joseph Thornton
- The 10th Kingdom (2000) - Old Retainer
- Undertaker's Paradise (2000)
- Dungeons & Dragons (2000) - Vildan Vildir
- "Edward Jewesbury". BFI.
- "Edward Jewesbury | Theatricalia". theatricalia.com.
- III, Harris M. Lentz (24 October 2008). "Obituaries in the Performing Arts, 2002: Film, Television, Radio, Theatre, Dance, Music, Cartoons and Pop Culture". McFarland – via Google Books.
- "Yes Minister - S1 - Episode 1: Open Government". Radio Times.
- "Edward Jewesbury". www.aveleyman.com.
- "Edward Jewesbury | Biography, Movie Highlights and Photos". AllMovie.
|This article about an English actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|