This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Eduniversal is a university ranking business by the French consulting company and rating agency SMBG specialized in Higher Education. Founded in 1994, one of the main goals of Eduniversal is to provide a tool, for students all around the world, which provides information on the Best Business Schools, located in Eduniversal's 9 geographical regions (the 5 continents).
The Eduniversal ranking agency establishes an official selection of the Best 1000 Business Schools in more than 150 countries in the world. The purpose of this selection is to offer students a serious referent that reflects the international dimension of each School, and therefore enables them to make the right decision regarding the choice of their future School.
The official selection is the result of the work of an International Scientific Committee gathered at the initiative of the Eduniversal Company. The International Scientific Committee is composed of 12 members; 9 members coming from nine different geographic zones (Africa, Central Asia, Eastern Europe, Eurasia and Middle East, Far East Asia, Latin America, North America, Oceania and Western Europe), and 2 members from the Eduniversal Company (The CEO and the International Coordinator).
Globally, it has been presented or referred to by India Today, L'Économiste, La Vie Éco, The Times of India, Sohu, 20 minutos, The Gazette (Chicago), VietnamPlus, Coventry Telegraph, University World News, Business Line, El Economista (Spain), KPBS, The Jamaica Observer, Economico, Głos Wielkopolski, Morocco World News, Business Tech and others.
The official selection as it is defined by the Eduniversal Company is the classification of the 1000 best Business Schools in 153 countries in the World. The selection is classified in terms of Palms and Ratings, issued from the Deans' votes. The aim of this official selection is to provide sufficient information for students about a range of academic institutions, sorted by their reputations and international ambitions and located in 9 different zones.
The Official Selection is a selection of Business Schools made by a Scientific Committee that has established a global mapping system meeting the criteria of universality and the international reputation of each academic institution.
Eduniversal offers to describe the best academic opportunities for students zone by zone, via a range of schools with different types of reputation and international ambitions, within the nine zones list.
According to the Eduniversal company, the international reputation is the capacity of a Business School to increase the prestige of a student – and therefore improve his employment prospects – in his country of study and on the international stage.
In order to execute the official selection, each country and each continent is represented according to a quota method. The number of schools per country is therefore weighted by quantitative and qualitative criteria.
- the national expenditure on education per inhabitant
- the GDP
- the size of the population
- the number of students in higher education
the educational environment in the country (established, among other things, according to the number of secondary education academic institutions in the country, as well as a historical importance of the national educational tradition). The results can therefore be expressed in the following way:
|Country||National Expenditure on Education per inhabitant||GDP per inhabitant||Population size in Millions||No. of students in Higher Education||Qualitative Criterion||Schools Quota Results|
The official selection is made by the International Scientific Committee composed of 9 members coming from the nine geographic zones listed above.
The 9 expert members are all well-known academics in their respective zone.
The International Scientific Committee meets:
- to modify the Official Selection, two years after the first Selection, then every four years, depending on changes and global trends.
- yearly, to publish the Palmes arising from international criteria and the votes of the Deans on the website: www.eduniversal.net.
The EDUNIVERSAL Palmes indicate the level of an academic institution's international reputation. They are awarded on the basis of the research work carried out by the International Scientific Committee, which compiles the list of criteria, together with the assessments made by peers: The Deans vote
The Palmes are divided into a league system, which allows horizontal intercontinental comparison, different from the vertical comparison made by most of the international classification systems.
This segmentation is presented as a normal probability curve:
- 100 schools in the 5 Palmes league
- 200 schools in the 4 Palmes league
- 400 schools in the 3 Palmes league
- 200 schools in the 2 Palmes league
- 100 schools in the 1 Palme league
The classification by Palmes is made using two essential elements: the internationalisation criteria and the Deans vote.
- the accreditations obtained by the schools (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA, State Qualification, etc.)
- the main classifications (Financial Times, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Business Week, Asiaweek, Wall Street Journal, America savings, THES, SMBG, etc.)
- participation in international academic associations (EFMD, CLADEA, CEEMAN, EMBA, AAPBS, etc.)
- the network of partners of Deans and Business Schools at the international and local levels
- reputed studies and sites in the world of education and universities
Each Dean from the universities and schools on the list of 1,000 can vote to recommend the other academic institutions. This vote is converted into a recommendation rate that the student can use to evaluate each academic institution and compare them.
These recommendations give another reply to the question: "Out of the following schools, which ones would you most recommend to a person who wants to study in this country?"
Eduniversal was placed into receivership on February 20, 2018. The announce of the receivership procedure was published in the BODACC (French: Bulletin officiel des annonces civiles et commerciales, the French official registry of civil and commercial notices) on March 1, 2018.
Notes and referencesEdit
- Presentation of the Eduniversal Company on a TV program, Télématin on a French Channel, France 2 - 26th of June 2008.
- "FRANCE: Global list of business schools published". University World News.
- "HugeDomains.com - TrncInfo.com is for sale (Trnc Info)". www.hugedomains.com.
- DelhiJanuary 6, India Today Web Desk New; January 6, 2016UPDATED:; Ist, 2016 12:46. "IIM Bangalore tops Eduniversal ranking". India Today.
- "ActuTrophées Eduniversal Le Maroc s'offre une place de choix". L'Economiste. 19 November 2014.
- "Cinq business school marocaines bien notées par Eduniversal". 16 November 2013.
- "IIM-B tops in Eduniversal ranking - Times of India". The Times of India.
- 20Minutos (8 January 2016). "Másteres de 14 universidades y escuelas de negocio españolas, entre los mejores del mundo". 20minutos.es - Últimas Noticias.
- Lexington Raises $500,000; Millennium Park Ice Rink Open; Round-ups
- VietnamPlus (28 October 2015). "Việt Nam lọt top 1.000 trường kinh doanh tốt nhất thế giới - Giáo dục - Vietnam+ (VietnamPlus)". VietnamPlus.
- Smith-COV, Daniel (28 January 2014). "Replay: All the latest news and sport from Coventry and Warwickshire". coventrytelegraph.
- "GLOBAL: World's top business schools". University World News.
- Bureau, Our. "IIM-A discusses the rural challenge at agribusiness summit". @businessline.
- elEconomista.es. "El Máster en Gestión Internacional de Turismo de Ostelea, elegido entre los 100 mejores master del mundo y el 3º de España - elEconomista.es". ecoaula.eleconomista.es.
- "Psychology Tops List Of SDSU's Most Popular Degrees Among 2013 Graduates". KPBS Public Media.
- "Jamaica Observer Limited". Jamaica Observer.
- SAPO. "SAPO". SAPO.
- Solak, Anna (18 October 2013). "Uniwersytet Ekonomiczny wyróżniony w rankingu Eduniversal". Głos Wielkopolski.
- Hemidach, Amjad (10 November 2014). "Eduniversal Ranks HEM as Top Business School in Morocco".
- Writer, Staff. "University of Cape Town MBA scores top honours in Africa". businesstech.co.za.
- "Singapore MBA Colleges Ranking: FT, FORBES award top world Rankings to NUS, NTU, SMU on strict parameters". www.mbauniverse.com.
- "Miglior master su sostenibilita' e ambiente: il MaGER batte tutti". www.viasarfatti25.unibocconi.it.
- "9 апреля пройдет День открытых дверей программ магистратуры в РАНХиГС". ТАСС.
- "La UCA, con sede en Mendoza, en el top de un ranking internacional".
- "Southeast Asia - the emerging business hub". Study International. 16 June 2015.
- Jack (2 November 2015). "Eduniversal công bố Top 3 trường đào tạo kinh doanh hàng đầu Việt Nam".
- "Mastères, MS, MBA : le palmarès du retour sur investissement". 12 December 2018 – via Le Monde.
- figaro, le. "MS/Masters/MSc en Tourisme-Hospitality : analyses des meilleurs programmes". Le Figaro Etudiant.
- figaro, le. "Management de l'innovation : quel programme choisir ?". Le Figaro Etudiant.
- "Les MBA des universités talonnent ceux des grandes écoles". Capital.fr. 10 March 2011.
- "Formations aux métiers du Luxe : gare aux illusions !". Le Parisien Etudiant.
- "Journée des experts Europe 1 : les réponses de l'Etudiant à vos questions". www.letudiant.fr.
- "Finance et Audit : quelles possibilités en Master, MS et MBA ?". Studyrama.com.
- "L'ESP 1ère école privée d'Ile de France au classement SMBG 2012-2013 des meilleurs Bachelors et Licences en « Communication et Médias »". www.capcampus.com.
- "Classement des meilleurs masters achats: le Desma de l'IAE de Grenoble arrive 1er". www.decision-achats.fr/.
- Richard, Loïs (9 February 2016). "L'Institut Paul Bocuse : leader du management international -". Lyon Capitale.
- 2009 : The World's Top 1000 Business Schools, paragraph 6.
- International Selection Committee - last chapter.
- Chapter : Identifying the Best Business Schools, Awarding the Palmes
- "IIM Bangalore ranked among 27 best B-Schools in the world, # 1 in India". 2008-11-23.
- "Eduniversal (Courbevoie, 92400) : Siret, TVA, adresse".
- "Redressement judiciaire Eduniversal à Courbevoie (399207729) - ProcedureCollective.fr".
- "Bodacc.fr | Annonce n°2406 du Bodacc a n°20180042 publié le 01/03/2018".