Edirne Province (Turkish: Edirne ili, Bulgarian: Одрин, Greek: Επαρχία Αδριανούπολης) is a Turkish province located in East Thrace. Part of European Turkey, it is one of only three provinces located entirely within continental Europe. Edirne Province is bordered by Tekirdağ Province and Kırklareli Province to the east, and the Gallipoli peninsula of Çanakkale Province to the south-east. It shares international borders with Bulgaria to the north and Greece to the west.
Location of Edirne Province in Turkey
|• Electoral district||Edirne|
|• Total||6,279 km2 (2,424 sq mi)|
|• Density||66/km2 (170/sq mi)|
Edirne province is divided into 9 districts (capital district in bold):
- "Population of provinces by years - 2000-2018". Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Edirne Province.|
|Wikisource has the text of a 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica article about Edirne Province (Ottoman Empire).|
- Edirne governor's official website (in Turkish)
- Edirne municipality's official website (in Turkish)
- Pictures of the capital of this province with its many great mosques
- Edirne Weather Forecast Information
|This article about a Marmara Region of Turkey location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|