Edward James Dawkins (born 11 July 1989) is a New Zealand track cyclist. At the 2010 Commonwealth Games he won the silver medal in the men's sprint and the bronze medal in the men's 1 kilometre time trial. At the 2014 Commonwealth Games, he won the bronze medal in the men's sprint, and was part of the New Zealand time that won the gold medal in the team sprint, with Ethan Mitchell and Sam Webster. The team sprint team set two Commonwealth Games records along the way. At the 2016 Rio Olympics, he won alongside Sam Webster and Ethan Mitchell a silver medal in the team sprint, but did not go beyond the round 1 repechage in the individual sprint.
|Full name||Edward James Dawkins|
|Born||11 August 1989|
Invercargill, New Zealand
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||93 kg (205 lb)|
He had previously competed at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
- 1st Team Sprint, UCI World Track Championships
- 1st Sprinters Omnium, Six Day London
- "Eddie Dawkins". New Zealand Olympic Committee. Archived from the original on 20 December 2012. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "Glasgow 2014 - Men's Sprint Finals - Bronze". g2014results.thecgf.com. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- "Glasgow 2014 - Men's Team Sprint Finals - Gold". g2014results.thecgf.com. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- "Glasgow 2014 - Edward Dawkins Profile". g2014results.thecgf.com. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- "Sam Webster 12th in individual sprint". Newshub. 14 August 2016. Archived from the original on 22 August 2016. Retrieved 14 August 2016.
- Qualifying results
- "Eddie Dawkins Bio, Stats, and Results". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Archived from the original on 18 April 2020. Retrieved 2 May 2018.